[Fixed] Spellbook opens at the wrong page

Moderator: POL Developer

itec
Novice Poster

[Fixed] Spellbook opens at the wrong page

Post by itec »

This is a small weirdness I encountered. When I change the location of spellbook and open it, the book opens at the first page. Now if I close the book and open it the second time, it opens where the bookmark is (last used spell). This happens only when the book is in hand, when the spellbook is in backpack, it always opens the first page. In Runuo it opens the spellbook at the bookmarked page every time.

I did some testing, and appears that POL sends the 0x25 (add item to container) packet every time the spellbook is opened from backpack, and if the book is in hand when opened, it sends 0x2E (worn item). Now if the 0x25 packet is not sent, the second time you open spellbook that is in backpack, it opens where the bookmark is. (This happens if UseItem() is used, instead of doubleclicking.)

I'm using uofeature 0x00 and account is set to AOS. This works also on pol97.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Spellbook opens at the wrong page

Post by MuadDib »

So it's the fact of packets for spellbook needing to be consistent. Will try to look into this soon. Thanks for the detailed info about the packet difference on use. Will help in adjusting this.

Small client differences like this, are ALWAYS wanted! It helps us ensure we are doing things correctly for the client. So everyone remember that. If a player reports an oddity, that is something client side, that works either on OSI or another EMU, SHARE IT WITH US!
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Spellbook opens at the wrong page

Post by MuadDib »

Fixed in upcoming beta.