[not a bug] Stats go up and down ... when changing realm

Moderator: POL Developer

Tomi
POL Developer

[not a bug] Stats go up and down ... when changing realm

Post by Tomi »

Okay so with the latest cores I have noticed that when I use MoveObjectToLocation function to move to another realm ( only to another realm not between 2 locations in same realm ) there come Stat Advancement messages, first that my stats have decreased to 0 and straight after that my stats have raised back to what they were before.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Stats go up and down everytime when changing realm.

Post by MuadDib »

IIRC, that's the same way OSI handles it also. It's to ensure the client has the CORRECT information. no idea when it was changed in the core though, hehehe
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

is there any other way to block these messages than editing the cliloc or turning them totally off from uo.cfg ?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Those are done client side. The actual messages I mean.

What is causing it, is the core resetting it (via packets, not internally) to make sure the client is seeing the right stats and such.

You can verify this by using a core that doesn't do it, with packet logger, and one that does, to see the difference. If you like, you can even post the results of the two here on the website to show us the difference (we MIGHT be able to find a way around it, although it IS a client side effect).