pol 98 distro

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 098.

Moderator: POL Developer

gurud7i
New User

pol 98 distro

Post by gurud7i »

Hi all, I am looking for the entire pol 98 distro. This is my first look at POL, as I normally experiment with other emu's. If someone has a full 98 distro with the 'start here' the batch files etc that would be great! Or will the other files i saw in 99 work with 98?
RusseL
Forum Regular

Re: pol 98 distro

Post by RusseL »

why 098?
why not 099 ?

there is no 098 distro, i think. Use 099 :)
http://downloads.polserver.com/browser.php
gurud7i
New User

Post by gurud7i »

Thats only a small part of the distrobution, and I am not able to get this going. the reason for 098 and not 099 is because of the beta status. I took a look at the 099 distro and liked how it setup, and was able to login. I think for now until im comfortable with this emu, id rather be on the bleeding edge and not the cutting edge.
leracai
New User

Post by leracai »

To be quite honest 99 Is Running pretty nicly in some of the rev's , we use 99 in our shard as we are updating as pol does , but insaying that . There are some 98 distros which are useable in the Custom releases section at the bottom of the main fourm . you may have to update some scripts to work as there supposed to with 98 but in all honesty 99 is the way to go in my eyes and will take alot of heartache off later on when you decide to go 99. since updating from lower cores is quite a B*t*h
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

in retrospect to pol 99 being in developent beta testing, thats true. but the one avaliable for download on the site aswell as the official 99 distro are both 100% working from what i can see as ive had a look through it myself. id be very suprised if there were any serious issues with them as from what i know edwards is the developer of the 99 distro and hes a very good scripter.

you would only have to worry if you were using the 99 beta downloaded from the pol SVN, which even still works pretty nicely.

before 99 there was no official distro, only player made ones (excluding any previous to 98) so your best option without creating your own would be using the official 99 release and 99 distro :)

the official distro will have some sort of readme.txt or install.txt file that gives you instructions, i know its there just cant remember the name of it,

need anymore questions just email me at bradenheat@broken-blade.net
gurud7i
New User

Post by gurud7i »

Thank you for the input, and Ill extract and setup this evening. If I have questions y'all will know!
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

gurud7i wrote:Thank you for the input, and Ill extract and setup this evening. If I have questions y'all will know!
pol irc channel is the best way for you ;)