A problem with UOConvert

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 098.

Moderator: POL Developer

Post Reply
Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

A problem with UOConvert

Post by Yukiko » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 am

I have a map that was created prior to the resize done for Mondain's Legacy. So my map's width is 6144. I used a utility, mlextender, to add the extra area increasing the width to 7168. I changed the "width" value in realmgen.bat to match the new value for map0. I ran the starthere.bat file and when I chose to convert map0 (britannia) I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Reading pol.cfg.
Reading uoconvert.cfg.
Creating map base and solids files.
  Realm: britannia
  Map ID: 0
  Use Dif files: No
  Size: 7168x4096
Initializing files: Done.
Execution aborted due to: readstaticblock: fread(sidxfile) failed.
Reading pol.cfg.
Reading uoconvert.cfg.
Creating POL statics files: 67% Warning: Item with illegal Graphic 0x4007 in Are
a 2152 2776 2159 2783
Creating POL statics files: Complete
Reading pol.cfg.
Reading uoconvert.cfg.
Creating maptile file.
  Realm: britannia
  Map ID: 0
  Use Dif files: No
  Size: 6144x4096
Conversion complete.
Press any key to continue . . .
The conversion continues creating the maptile file but it lists the dimensions of that file as 6144x4096. Then when I log in the map doesn't have the extended area. Is there something else I need to do other than just adding the extension to the map0.mul file? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Turley
POL Developer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:45 am

Re: A problem with UOConvert

Post by Turley » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:35 pm

My guess is the tool fucked up your map. Idx doesn't match your mul. And you have statics > 0x3fff but old pol.cfg settings.
Try to convert your map with fiddler.:)

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: A problem with UOConvert

Post by Yukiko » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:59 am

Thanks Turley.
I wasn't aware that fiddler would do the conversion which brings me to a problem I'm having with Fiddler displaying maps but maybe it's related to my smaller map size so I'll see if I can convert it first. If I still have a problem with Fiddler I'll post that in the Fiddler forum.

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: A problem with UOConvert

Post by Yukiko » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Turley, I looked in UO Fiddler for a map conversion option to go from pre-Mondain's Legacy to the larger Mondain's Legacy map and I couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right direction so I can convert my map with UO Fiddler?

Turley
POL Developer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:45 am

Re: A problem with UOConvert

Post by Turley » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 am

Fiddler has no direct conversion option, they are a bit hidden. But you have two options:
If you have a exiting ML Map you can open it with fiddler (remember the options checkbox Use New Mapsize) and then use Misc->Copy Map and Statics
to copy your old map/statics into the new.
Second option can only be done after svn update (senseless return fix):
you load you old map (before or after load you check 'Use New Mapsize') and click Rewrite Map & Defrag Statics.

Yukiko
Distro Developer
Posts: 2671
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: A problem with UOConvert

Post by Yukiko » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Thank you Turley. It worked great.

Post Reply