Spellbooks

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 098.

Moderator: POL Developer

Joram
New User

Spellbooks

Post by Joram »

Greetings everyone,

I am new to the pol scene so bear with me.

I just setup a pol098 server with the wod098 script pack.
Everything is going fine alsome site u all have here, Lots of info.

Anyway the problem i am having is this.
When we make a spellbook in game only the Admin can see the spells in book, not gms or players. Why is this? I looked throught the scripts and can not find anything.

Thank you for your help in advance.
CWO
POL Expert

Re: Spellbooks

Post by CWO »

If I recall correctly, spellbooks were at one time changed from "containers" to "spellbooks". You'll have to find the itemdesc.cfg entry for the spellbook objtype and see if its a spellbook and not a container. If you don't know which path it is in, in your POL path you have a file called objtypes.txt. Look there and it will tell you what pkg its in. Look in that pkg for the itemdesc.cfg and if it is listed as

Code: Select all

Container 0x0EFA
change it to

Spellbook 0x0EFA
Also inside the brackets of the entry, if there is no "spelltype" property, add this:

Spelltype	magic

Another thing to look at is the account.uo_expansion for the accounts and the UOFeatureEnable entry in servspecopt.cfg. If those are in conflict, this can break spellbooks especially with AOS/ML vs T2A.
Joram
New User

Post by Joram »

ok I think i am having a problem with conflicts cause all the other ideas u gave me are fine.

Now in the accounts file if i change the UOExpansion T2A to UOExpansion ML it seems to work but is there another way to make it so i do not have to keep going into the account file to change it?

Also we can cast spells with no regs. How can this be fixed? Still tring to find my way around the pol dir.

Thanks for your help. I am taking class on C++ to try and give but someday to the POl community.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Go to your POL path /config/servspecopt.cfg

Do you have anything set for UOFeatureEnable? If it is, what is it set to?

As for the spells taking no regs, you may have an older spell system that was converted to a newer POL core. In POL096 they removed the functionality of the core automatically consuming regs (among many other things) to make spell systems completely customizable. You now have to make your spell scripts consume the regs now.
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

heya i use 98 WOD and 98.2 core. ive got the same problem with no regs being used.

i'm not sure how to set the spells to use the regs, are u able to give me a quick demo, guide?