howto make two or more Game servers?

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 098.

Moderator: POL Developer

meravingen
New User

howto make two or more Game servers?

Post by meravingen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 am

hello all, i'm trying to make two game servers with one login server. First Game server is for playing second for testing. but i cant do that.

I write two options in servers.cfg first server is directed to himself and second to other IP adress. now i'm launching second server and login on first select second server from the list and Client writes me Connecting and it's freezing. Okay Server log tells me "Client connected from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (1 connections)" and nothing more. what i'm doing wrong? both login and game servers are POL98 for gentoo

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: howto make two or more Game servers?

Post by Yukiko » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 am

The way I have done it is to have two separate copies of POL in different directories. Set one up as the "play" server and the other as the "test" server. You assign them both to the same IP but use different ports for each one. Make the appropriate changes in your login.cfg file in Ultima depending on which one you are logging into and there should be no problem as long as you have the ports open and, if you are behind a NAT router, forwarded properly. Neither POL nor the UO client will allow you to login to one server then transfer control from that server to another one.

meravingen
New User

Post by meravingen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 am

I have setted up pol on different machines nor directories. Firewalls and other stuff is ok. login.cfg too.but when i choose second server from game server list client is trying to connect and freezes. and server is writing only that someone is connected and no more actions. how exactly login server and play server is working togheter? should i have same accounts.txt on second server? or should i delete all previously created players? i think that when client is trying to connect to game server pol thinks that client tries to login not enter game server.

my uolient.cfg

Code: Select all

Listener none
{
        Port            5000
        Encryption      none
}
servers.cfg

Code: Select all

GameServer ZH
{
    Name    Zuluhotel Kiev
    ip      <some IP>
    Port    5000
}

GameServer TestServer
{
   Name    Ardanna (Test)
   ip      <other ip>
   Port    5000
}
can this happen due to enter Domain Name not IP adress in testserver section IP field?

meravingen
New User

Post by meravingen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:40 am

sorry for topic. problem was solved. somehow i couldnt connect to my own server that is on my machine. other players can connect freely. i think this is only my roouter problem.