Priv to move any item regardless of distance

Archive of the older Feature Request Forum Posts

Moderator: POL Developer

CWO
POL Expert

Priv to move any item regardless of distance

Post by CWO »

Is there a possibility to implement the priv to be able to move any item regardless of distance?

We already have these privs:
Moveany - Moving any item regardless of movable
losany - LOS to any item regardless of whats blocking you
dblclickany - Being able to double click anything regardless of distance

Now my implementation for this type of privilege is that when staff has the access to open someone's backpack from a command whether the staff member is anywhere near them or not (even when the char is logged off), the staff member always has to go to where the character is in the world in order to move anything within their backpack (This is with SendOpenSpecialContainer()). I would like a priv to not have to constantly go to the chars' spots to get stuff out of their bag. Sure a .grab textcmd may be a somewhat fix but what if you just want to reorganize to see whats under certain larger items and such...
Pierce
Forum Regular

Re: Priv to move any item regardless of distance

Post by Pierce »

I personally use a command like i called it .showbackpackofserial for that case:

Code: Select all

use uo;

program textcmd_showbackpackofserial(who, ser)

if(!ser)
    sendsysmessage(who, "usage: .showbackpackofserial <serialnumber>");
    return;
  endif
  var player := SystemFindObjectBySerial(CInt(ser),SYSFIND_SEARCH_OFFLINE_MOBILES);

if (!player)
    sendsysmessage(who, "Player not found!");
    return;
  endif
  MoveObjectToLocation(who, player.x, player.y, player.z, player.realm, MOVEOBJECT_FORCELOCATION);

sendsysmessage(who, "Backpack of: " + player.name + " (" + player.acctname + ").");
  SendOpenSpecialContainer( who, player.backpack );

endprogram

Surely that needs admin knowledge of the serial even if that could be rewritten for gamemasters with a search for player names or something like that.
Or didn't you want to let your gamemasters know the real position of that person?
In that case i'll also appreciate a special priv like that. It could help involve gm's in hunting buguser or people like that :D
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Well I know that I can just have the staff member moved to that location but you have to be watchful of how the move is made. You might have to conceal the staff member since its moving them, you might have to warn them beforehand that they will be moved, ect... I figured it would fit with the rest of the privs though to have that type of priv.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

CWO I've never tried this but doesn't the SendOpenSpecialContainer function make items accessible if they aree not local to the character? It's been a while and I can't remember.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

It doesn't, that's the exact function I'm using (You can never move anything in SendViewContainer() and that's the only other function... and I would never ask to be able to move anything in SendViewContainer() since it defeats the purpose of that function). Storage areas are the only ones that SEEM like an exception but that's only because the storage area is never actually seen in the physical world, but they are actually moved to your location when you access them.

If you open a bankbox (storage location) you can access anything inside since the container is moved to you.
To prove this, put an item in your bankbox and take down the serial.
Close the box and walk away.
Now if you look up the item by serial and get the X,Y,Z of its container, you'll notice that it'll return the exact location you last opened the storage container.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yeah. I was thinking of the bank function when I read this thread but I didn't realize it actually moved the items close to you when you opened the bank.

OK. We need that privilege.