How do I use the melt statics feature of UO Fiddler?

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

How do I use the melt statics feature of UO Fiddler?

Post by Yukiko »

I want to be able to edit statics items from within UO. I was hoping that "melting" the statics would allow that but I think I misunderstood how the process works. How do I use the file generated by UO Fiddler to do what I want to or can I?

If there's some way to take the statics and make them dynamic so I can log-in to the game and delete what I don't want and then re-staticfy the remaining items using, all with UO Fiddler, that would be great. If anyone knows how could you please post a short tutorial?
Tomi
POL Developer

Re: How do I use the melt statics feature of UO Fiddler?

Post by Tomi »

CentrED is the tool I used to edit the map and statics
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

The melt and freeze functions are based on the worldforge feature. If you search for it you will (hopefully) find textcommands from shini to import and export the cfgs.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks Turley and Tomi.

After looking around I decided to give CentrEd a try. I had heard about it a long time ago but had never used it. It's very good. There are a few things it would be nice to have added to it but given the fact that it's a collaborative map editor I can live with the few limitations it has. Besides, with it and UO Fiddler most of CentrEd's limitations can be overcome.

I want to say thanks again to Turley for his hard work on Fiddler. You have done such a wonderful thing for the POL community as well as the UO freeshard community by giving us you talent and effort.