Can you edit spell animations with uofiddler?

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

cenanuff
New User

Can you edit spell animations with uofiddler?

Post by cenanuff »

^Topic. Also, if yes, how? I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance. Loving everything else about the program so far!
nibbio
New User

Re: Can you edit spell animations with uofiddler?

Post by nibbio »

most of simple animations ( not npc or wearable items or players ) are handled in animdata.
There are simple images showed in sequence with a delay, like normal animated gif.

If you want to add new spell animations, or modify existing animations, you can add or replace or remove images from art ( tile, not land ) and add or modify animdata.mul.
all of these operations can be done with fiddler.

If you add new animations, you must modify server code to using these new animations, but this is another story.
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately everytime I try to access the animdata tab uofiddler has some kind of error. Any idea what this means or how to correct it?

nibbio
New User

Post by nibbio »

which version of fiddler and ultima do you use?
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

nibbio wrote:which version of fiddler and ultima do you use?
Pretty sure the latest version of each.

UOFiddler = Version 4.5d

Ultima Online Client = 7.0.11.1
nibbio
New User

Post by nibbio »

7.0.11.1 is High Seas Expansion

UOFiddler 4.5d can't handle new HS file format correctly.
Your error is related to wrong item count loaded in memory.
The errors that 4.5d version does are:

- wrong tiledata item count ( HS tiledata is seen like an old Mondain's Legacy, 0x4000 land + 0x4000 statics, instead of 0x4000 land + 0x10000 statics )
- wrong tiledata item entry length ( HS single entry is 4 bytes plus that old versions ( SA and previous ))
- wrong art length ( same as tiledata item count )
- wrong multidata handling ( same as tiledata item entry length )
- wrong animdata ( in this case, the error is the same of tiledata item count, but fiddler can handle it; simply the others bytes over 0x4000 are saved identically in new animdata file: the result is that you can modify only the first 0x4000 entries instead 0x10000 )

For resolve these problems you must download the SVN Version from repository and compile it.
It is the next release 4.5e, and can handle correctly all new HS files.
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

Thanks for the reply. I was on christmas vacation away from home for a week. I will try this and get back if I have anymore problems. Thanks again!
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

On further review I have no idea how to do what you are asking me. I tryed to find the file you speak of but it has eluded me. Also how do I compile it when I have the file? I'm not a complete noob I know how to write scripts euox and game scripts. Just never actually programmed before.
nibbio
New User

Post by nibbio »

Sorry for delayed response, but i haven't seen your last answer :)

The last source code is at this link:

https://pol-distro.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... UoFiddler/

It is a C# Source code. You can compile it with command line ( UOFiddler is writed for c#, included in .NET Framework 2.0 ), or with an IDE ( Visual C# from microsoft, or SharpDevelop sourcecode ).
I've attached an old version compiled times ago. In next days i compile the last version and i'll post it in this forum.
The file i've attached maybe has a bug in item or land data viewing.
If you need these functions, wait one or two days until i compile the last version and correct bugs.

I hope that Turley doesn't be angry with me if i publish a pre 4.5e version...
UOFiddler 4.5d2.zip
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 425 times
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Nope no problem :)
I'm currently a bit busy and too lazy to fix the last bugs (if there are any)
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

nibbio wrote:Sorry for delayed response, but i haven't seen your last answer :)

The last source code is at this link:

https://pol-distro.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... UoFiddler/

It is a C# Source code. You can compile it with command line ( UOFiddler is writed for c#, included in .NET Framework 2.0 ), or with an IDE ( Visual C# from microsoft, or SharpDevelop sourcecode ).
I've attached an old version compiled times ago. In next days i compile the last version and i'll post it in this forum.
The file i've attached maybe has a bug in item or land data viewing.
If you need these functions, wait one or two days until i compile the last version and correct bugs.

I hope that Turley doesn't be angry with me if i publish a pre 4.5e version...

Np about the delay, we've been playing this game for 14 years I can wait a week for a response. Thanks! I'll let you know how I make out. :) Also looking forward to your new version.

EDIT: Great fiddler works without crashing now! I can now access everything in the program. I have the items tab opened and jeez louise thats a lot of thumbnails! Is there any easy way of figuring out which images are for what spell animations?
cenanuff
New User

Post by cenanuff »

Just wanted to say again what a great program this is. I have just succesfully made my own custom treehack. Removing a lot of annoying items on my shard. Really getting the hang of this program.

Heres a pic of my first spell animation change. This is my new energy bolt. It was easy though because its only 1 frame but I was proud of it!.

I just wish I could figure out how to do what I really want to do, which is edit the explosion spell. The way it is stock is that when you drop an explosion spell on someone there is a delay then the damage and animation. What I want to do is have an animation during the time there is a delay before the explode hits. Basically so I can tell faster if people are dropping explodes on me. Is this even possible?
nibbio
New User

Post by nibbio »

EDIT: Great fiddler works without crashing now! I can now access everything in the program. I have the items tab opened and jeez louise thats a lot of thumbnails! Is there any easy way of figuring out which images are for what spell animations?
For this is better take an emulator and check which ids it uses for spell animations, and change them.
I just wish I could figure out how to do what I really want to do, which is edit the explosion spell. The way it is stock is that when you drop an explosion spell on someone there is a delay then the damage and animation. What I want to do is have an animation during the time there is a delay before the explode hits. Basically so I can tell faster if people are dropping explodes on me. Is this even possible?
For this, again, you must send a new animation prior than the explosion animation.
It is all serverside. The only thing that you can do with UOFiddler is add or modify your spell animations.