UOFiddler (ex UOViewer) (ex InsideUO alternative)

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

OldnGrey
POL Expert

Re: UOFiddler (ex UOViewer) (ex InsideUO alternative)

Post by OldnGrey »

Turley, I know the core is important.... but there are 2 slight issues with editing tiledata

1. If you click "Save Changes" the decimal number in the list box disappears! Conspiracy! You know I wanted decimal numbers for real, not to have them vanish as a way to mark what entries have been edited.

2. When you click "Save Changes" there is no onscreen comment on what this has actually done and that you need to do it or clicking "Save Tiledata" does not save any edits.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

No I have a fixed Plugin interface with functions to modify the contextmenu in itemstab, modify the plugin menu etc
And then through a Host some functions like GetItemShowListView() this returns the reference of the listview from the itemtab. The problem is if I remember correctly you cannot do something like listview.MouseDoubleClick.Clear(), only += and -= but to remove the old handler I have to know him and this function is private. So I have create a function in Fiddler where I can access this handler to remove him.

@OldnGrey k I will look into it :)
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 3.2b
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

Sorry for being mean and all.. but not compatible with Windows 7. Every time i do something it pops up with an unhandled exception. here is the details of the error.

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImageUnscaled(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at Ultima.MultiComponentList.GetImage(Int32 maxheight)
   at FiddlerControls.Multis.onPaint_MultiPic(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3521 (NetFXspW7.050727-3500)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UoFiddler
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hermes/Downloads/UOFiddler%203.2b/UoFiddler.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Controls
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3322.21505
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hermes/Downloads/UOFiddler%203.2b/Controls.DLL
Ultima
    Assembly Version: 2.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hermes/Downloads/UOFiddler%203.2b/Ultima.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SendItem
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hermes/Downloads/UOFiddler%203.2b/plugins/SendItem.dll
TestPlugin
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hermes/Downloads/UOFiddler%203.2b/plugins/TestPlugin.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
If you dont wanna try and support Windows 7 right now, I understand completely. lol
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

BOOOOOO!

omg...... I should throw penguins at you for downloading Windows 7 Client OS! hehehehhe

Anyway. Don't expect us to support anything that is not out for at least 1 year retail (or have at least a SP1, hehehe). MS changes too much crap in that time, to actively support it :(
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Hehe Windows 7... not even msdn has information about Windows 7 and the framework compatibility :)
Does Fiddler recognize the filepath at all? Maybe he wants to tell you that no files where found (Settings->PathSettings)
Respect that you try Windows 7, I stick to XP there are a few SP-packs available :)
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

:P i got bored of XP.... and didn't want to get Vista. I'll go back to it once beta is over probably. Completely understandable that you don't want to support 7.. though it might be 9th anniversary edition and not Windows 7.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I have had issues with 9th Edition before - it doesn't store things the same way in the registry and messes up my game patcher. But now that you can set paths manually in UOFiddler I thought it might have helped. Hmm.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

If someone tells me the exact registry entries for 9th Edition would be no problem to add them to fiddler :)
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I think 9th Edition has no entries, as dkpat stated here:
http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2545

It's kind of the new EA way, don't put it inside the registry :sick:
*sucks* :D
dkpat
Apprentice Poster

Post by dkpat »

lol, thanks pierce. saved me a bit of trouble.
OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

UOFiddler Possible to export pictures?

Post by OWHorus »

Hello,

maybe I am too silly to find it, but I would like to export item pictures from the item tab to an image file, ideally either png or gif, with a transparent background. InsideUO can do this, but only in bmp format.
I did not find the feature in UOFiddler.

This feature would be practical if one wants to show several new items on a Web Page using the item pictures, in a documenation for example.

If UOFiddler can already do this, I did not find it - can someone give me a pointer? If it cannot yet do so, could it be added? Ideally by using either the tiledata name or the hex string as a filename.

Thank you

OWHorus
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I never noticed that before.... you don't let us export things from the Items tab or other tabs to a bmp file!
And letting us import a bmp to the active slot would be nice too.

And by the way, I'd have thought bmp was a lot more usable than tiff exports that you have on the other tabs.

While I am being picky .... on the gumps page you call it Extract Image, but on the other pages it's Export Image.
:)

You thought this project was nearly over didn't you???
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Hehe
1) You can extract item images (Itemdetails->right click)
2) I hate bmp's they are big and they are crappy :)
3) You can import Image to the activ slot, the menuitem is called Replace :)

And nope I never thought I would be finished, I always waited for the next wierd idea from you :)
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

*mumbles*
So all I can do here is moan about it being consistent? I never thought of exporting from the item details......
Extract Image or Export Image - don't care which but make em all the same.

Hate to push my luck but the opposite of Export is Import not Replace ..... and keeping the names simple will help morons like me figure it out easier.

Who cares if bmps are big and crappy. Bring em on I say. :)
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Hehe ok ok I add bmp's

Who wants to write a documentation? :)
I think I need a break with docs had enough of it the last days.

I named it "Replace" cause it replaces the current art, to add a new graphic on a free slot its "Insert" if I rename "Replace" to "Import" I could also replace "Insert" with "Import". I wanted to split this 2 features so noone can blame me that his art gots lost... :)
OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

Post by OWHorus »

Turley wrote:Hehe
1) You can extract item images (Itemdetails->right click)
2) I hate bmp's they are big and they are crappy :)
3) You can import Image to the activ slot, the menuitem is called Replace :)

And nope I never thought I would be finished, I always waited for the next wierd idea from you :)
Ahrgh,

i knew it...
I tried several variations of right clicks, but did not find this. Works like a charm...

Thank you :-)

OWHorus
Sitalk
New User

Post by Sitalk »

Totally awesome app!
I have only one issue I want to ask about.
I've noticed when saving a new art.mul from UOFiddler everything works ok with the client, but not on InsideUO!

The "Static Tiles" are all messed up:

It's a secret algorithm that prevents using InsideUO :whip: anymore ROTFL or what? :P

Even saving a new art.mul without any modification results in a different size file with some parts of its hex code with many differences (in the header for example).
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Lol k
the different size is cause i do not save the character test stuff at the end. Maybe InsideUO wants this part. I take a look at it. thx for the info
Sitalk
New User

Post by Sitalk »

Thanks to you! I've discovered UO Fiddler some days ago and I was impressed! After years using MUL Builder and MUL Patcher finally a real solution for mul editing... costantly updated, as I can see, fast like a viewer and with the perfect interface!
Keep it going!! :cheers:
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Sitalk wrote:Totally awesome app!
I have only one issue I want to ask about.
I've noticed when saving a new art.mul from UOFiddler everything works ok with the client, but not on InsideUO!
Why would you EVER want to use InsideUO again? :P
(j/k InsideUO was a lifesaver to me so many times before UOFiddler was released)
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 3.3
And yes bmp will be added, but currently to lazy :)
Sitalk
New User

Post by Sitalk »

O_________O

Turley you rock, man!! This is so wonderful...
It's funny that this new fix for the compatibility with insideUO personally will cause me to switch permanently to UOFiddler! LOL! :mrgreen:

I'll try it immediately when I come back home! Thank you again!!
Why would you EVER want to use InsideUO again? :P
:P Probably I'll not use it anymore! :P
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Hehe thank you for the flowers :)
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Congratulations for your tool, it is very comprehensive, efficient and stable. I've been working on UO for some years now and I know all of the existing programs and every mul pretty well and I must say that your tool made a lot of the tools I've been using obsolete.
Now, I'd like to give you some suggestions about things to implement that might make your tool even more complete and useful:

1) this tool, like most which have been used until now (especially mulpatcher) keep the art section (called "items" in your program) separated from the tiledata. This is not very practical since every modification to the art must go along with a modification to the tiledata. It would be much more efficient in my opinion to merge them into a single section in this way: on the left you keep a panel like the one you made now with all of the images in the art, and on the right instead of the simple infos, you could put the fields like in the tiledata section one on top of the other in a descending fashion. Also, it would be good to limit the number of characters of each field to 20 (maximum supported by the game), to avoid the risk of putting in names that will end up being cut because of the character limit.

2) it would be nice to implement a function to export single arts like you can do with Inside UO

3) the tool lacks the option of importing arts from bitmap files, a function that shouldn't be missed

4) in the "compare items" and "compare land" section, you should add a button to copy from the art you are examining to your own art file for the selected object, and a button to copy its proprieties in the tiledata

5) add a "compare hues" section which is usually very helpful, again with the possibility of copying the selected colour.

These are the first modifications I'd make, considering that I still don't know everything about your tool. I hope you'll consider this suggestions and think about implementing these functions.

Thanks for your attention,
Giovanni.