UOFiddler (ex UOViewer) (ex InsideUO alternative)

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

Turley
POL Developer

Re: UOFiddler (ex UOViewer) (ex InsideUO alternative)

Post by Turley »

Version 3.7
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 3.7b
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 3.8
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

Being able to copy rectangles from one map to another is a brave feature to add. Well done :)

Do the source maps need to have any special characteristics - eg must be compatible map0, map2, map3, or map4? From what I know the statics files are tricky with other custom sizes.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

I did test this for Turley, and I used the ML Felucca ( map0 ) to copy over Magincia Island statics and map to patch 6.0.13.0 map0 file.

So at least that way it does work.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 3.9
thx Muad for your work
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Yay for mass exports hehe :D
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Issues found: true white (255 255 255) isn't transparent, only black is right now (so items with a white background get a white halo when they are implemented in the art.mul through Fiddler).

Useful features to add: a way to add a serie of art files in sequence (ex: select a starting point, select X .bmp files, fill subsequent slots until all .bmp files have been added, prompt to overwrite if the slot isn't empty)
Ask the user to define in the preferences where he wants to save the files (example, if you select Save Tiledata right now, it saves the file in the Fiddler folder: it would be nice to leave the user the chance to define his main folder as the folder where files should be saved, and ask if you want to overwrite an already existing file, as always. This way you could choose to have an imput file and an output file or to save your work on the same file you mentioned in Path Settings. Also, in the Tiledata Section, pressing Enter should automatically Save Changes (this way it's just too slow), or at least give us an hotkey for the Save Changes option, and there should be a Copy-Paste option both for Art files and for Tiledata entries (example, I have to add 100 portraits, all with the same props... now I have to do that with an external tool, it would be nice if you could just ctrl+c and ctrl+v right away and copy the props without having to write them all over again or save changes every time).

Thanks for your attention, keep up the good work!
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

StaffOrigins wrote:Issues found: true white (255 255 255) isn't transparent, only black is right now (so items with a white background get a white halo when they are implemented in the art.mul through Fiddler).
Thats why i simply dont understand why someone uses bmp's for import/export, bmp's doesnt support transparency. So you have to "sacrifice" colors.
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Most graphics you can find around the web are in .bmp format, and most programs allow to export images only in .bmp format. Sometimes, you have to add hundreds of graphics, so you can't check transparency for everything or convert every file from .bmp to something else... you should just be able to assume that true white is transparent and that true black is transparent too.
Besides, no one uses (or needs to use) true white anyway.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

From SVN:
-Redesigned Tiledata tab option to change directly (Textfields on Enter press)
-True Black and true White are now considered as transparent for bmp's

now happy? :)
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

While we keep getting advanced features we are bound to be happy.
Pretty soon we are going to be scouring all the other utilities for UO and taking a liking to lots more!
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Hi, we'd like to know if you could introduce a feature to copy specific portions of map and statics from one file mapX.mul, staticsX.mul and staidxX.mul to respective destination files which are of a different dimension than those of one of the regular UO maps, because right now all of the other tools (like UO Copy) allow to copy portions of a specific map and paste them to a destination map, but they take the total dimension of the map for granted, with the consequence that when you paste the specific piece of map on the destination map, everything results distorted.
Right now, we are working on a 5792 x 5792 map, divided in 16 sectors each measuring 1448 x 1448 (like Tokuno). We use CentrED to work on each sector of map and keep only one sector up every time so that we don't have to work on the whole map, to keep each file smaller. We'd like to be able to merge all of the sectors together to form the full map file, or to merge 1, 2, 3 or 4 sectors together to work on smaller portions of the whole map, but we are currently unable with the existing programs.

Thanks for your attention, and keep up the good work! :P

P.S. when will the next version be released?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

I would say once the Multi Editor plugin is finished.

That's right, Editor :D

Added some more export options for those who want images for webpages, naming xml for the multis tab, few design changes (nothing major), and a nice new plugin to replace House Builder, UOArchitect, etc. Once again, one less tool ya need. Also working on adding Import/Export of Statics. I think Turley already has as least part of that done, if not both. Who knows what might creep into the SVN before the release is final too, lol
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 4.0
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 4.0a
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Thanks, you're great! Only 1 problem, it seems that the "Show Only Differences" feature in "Compare Land" isn't working properly... could you check this out?
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Whats wrong with it looks good for me?
StaffOrigins
New User

Post by StaffOrigins »

Sorry, my mistake :D
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Version 4.1
SiENcE
New User

Post by SiENcE »

Keep on going Turley :). I like your continous work on UOFiddler! It's getting better and better and nowadays i work with this tool more often then with Mulpatcher from Varan.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

The decimal / hex numbering is continuing to be awkward.

Body and bodyconv both work in decimal numbers, as does your animations tab, but the dress tab works exclusively in hex.

It's not until I was trying to actually work with the def files that I found it was much harder than I expected because I can't instantly convert from hex to decimal.

Example: on the dress page for item 0x2d20, you say it's animation 0x03b8 (0x03b8). I don't know what the number in brackets means, but to then use that animation I need to convert it to decimal to find it in the def files or your animations page.
Jester
Neophyte Poster

Post by Jester »

Hey guys, I have a problem. how would I go about changing the staidx0.mul ? I just want to remove some crap that shouldn't be there. But I cannot understand anything :p
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

what exactly is it what you want to remove.

some specific items from here and there ?
a big area of items in the static ?
Jester
Neophyte Poster

Post by Jester »

Tomi wrote:what exactly is it what you want to remove.

some specific items from here and there ?
a big area of items in the static ?
Big area, also wondering how to build stuff like houses in the statics.

Also im wondering if u can make the map bigger too, so you got more space to add stuff.