How to ROLLBACK? (Restore PCEquip)

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Cygnet
New User

How to ROLLBACK? (Restore PCEquip)

Post by Cygnet »

Hello guys, i have a saving system on cycles of 60 minutes, and each save, as everyone knows, creates a new *.txt with data stuff, and make older data files *.bak, how do i restore the .bak to older versions? I mean, if its overything each one hours? Notice that "older versions" from file properties are not showing anything.
Thanks, Cygnet.
Harley
Forum Regular

Re: How to ROLLBACK? (Restore PCEquip)

Post by Harley »

If you want to restore previous save, rename .bak file to .txt
If you want to have saves of each day - you have to think, how to make copies of data/ folder.
Cygnet
New User

Post by Cygnet »

Harley wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm If you want to restore previous save, rename .bak file to .txt
If you want to have saves of each day - you have to think, how to make copies of data/ folder.
Thank you, just wanted to know if there is only that option, 4 backupin'.
Cygnet
New User

Post by Cygnet »

Well, for people with the same problem:
First i noticed that all i have is one backup each system save, so, i decided to findout some third party software who could help me to backup the files each time it has a saveState or on a programed time.
Found a software called SyncBackPro and paid a few bucks to activate it, cuz free version won't work on windows server.
Setup it, and its running, doesn't had to use it yet, but, make a few tests and its working like a charm so far (2 days now)
hope it helps someone!

https://i.snipboard.io/ISrjYZ.jpg
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

Just as a heads up i think Yukiko made a tool to do backups of datafiles: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6221

I haven't used it or anything but i know its out there.
Cygnet
New User

Post by Cygnet »

DevGIB wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:14 am Just as a heads up i think Yukiko made a tool to do backups of datafiles: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6221

I haven't used it or anything but i know its out there.
Thank you! Seems very good, and usefull! I'll give it a try later 'cuz the one im using its consumind a f***load of my VPS hardware, actually the one im using its backuping each 1 hour, i'll just try to edit since Yukiko's one its opensource.

Thank you guys!