how do i access the admin console (POL099)?

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

billy
New User

how do i access the admin console (POL099)?

Post by billy »

Hi
I've just run up a pol 99 core and full distro, I can log in fine but im at a loss as to how I administer the server. I know there must be an administration console/window/something? but how or where do i find this?

I've found some posts etc refering to using commands preceded by a full stop, is this what I should be doing?
Ive read many post talking about account priv levels etc and all appears correct.

Im new to POL but managed after a lot of debug to complile the server but it seems I am stuck on the very last hurdle before I can start to properly administer the shard.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Re: how do i access the admin console (POL099)?

Post by RusseL »

for what you need an admin console?:)

You must configure your server manually, with config files etc.
And then you should use ingame commands, starts with "."
for example .create .setprop and many others :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Maybe you need to clarify what you mean by "administer the server".

There really is no administrator console in POL.

If you look in \pol\pkg\commands you will see directories that contain the various commands that can be used. These exist as scripts (*.src) files which you compiled to *.ecl files. The way you use a command is by logging in and typing a period '.' followed by the command, for example .go

As far as setting up the server's configuration that is done through the various config (*.cfg) files found in the "Distro".

In \pol there is pol.cfg and in \pol\confiig there is servers.cfg, servspecopt.cfg. There are other config files such as uoclient.cfg that allow other settings.

One last thing, try to be mindful in which sub-forum you are posting your questions. This sub-forum is for an older non-supported Core.
billy
New User

Post by billy »

Thank you both, that answers my question :)