How To: Custom Map Sizes

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

How To: Custom Map Sizes

Post by Danielle » Wed May 03, 2006 2:11 pm

Just poping this link here for all curious. I have yet to try it myself, but the folks over at Ryandor.com claim to have figured out how to change the map size in the client.

Link: http://www.ryandor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2775

FreeSoul
Master Poster

Post by FreeSoul » Wed May 03, 2006 2:22 pm

I've figuret that too... but dragon can make only one declared map size... We can use UO Landscaper but it require at least 1GB RAM.

Bmzx007

Post by Bmzx007 » Mon May 15, 2006 4:04 pm

I don't claim it, I know it :)

It has also been verified by others since then as fully working. The only thing I need to do, or someone else needs to do, is create an automatic patcher.

However, as stated there are a few limits to this, but it still gives us much more flexibility than before. Mainly with the Wrapping Points and Non-Map0 maps (You can now have 4 full-sized maps).

Currently there is no software that can create a map larger than map0.mul. UOL (1 & 1.1) has set limits, and Dragon (v2 Alpha) will do the map, but the static patcher will crash.

Punts Worldmaker suite currently can do it, but I beleive the transitions arent complete, my best bet would be his software for now if you want a bigger map or unusual size.

UOL2 is the other option, but it isnt out yet. And Dragon is no longer in development (Unless someone wanted to re-write the static patcher).

If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM/Email/Contact me about it, and I'll help you if I can.