Possible to use two maps on 095?

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Jester
Neophyte Poster

Possible to use two maps on 095?

Post by Jester »

Hey all!

Just wondering if you can actually use two different map files with pol 095? And how would you fix that?
Tomi
POL Developer

Re: Possible to use two maps on 095?

Post by Tomi »

Impossible with 095, upgrade to 096 and you can use up to 5 at least ( not sure if Pol support more, but the latest default 2D client supports only up to 5 )
Jester
Neophyte Poster

Post by Jester »

Tomi wrote:Impossible with 095, upgrade to 096 and you can use up to 5 at least ( not sure if Pol support more, but the latest default 2D client supports only up to 5 )
Damn, can you make the standard map bigger then? I just want to add a new area really, do not have to be mighty big.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

A thought - you can dump the T2A area and put a fairly decent area down the bottom right of the OSI map below the dungeons.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Jester yes you can, but you need to edit the client.exe for that. Because the map sizes are hardcoded
Jester
Neophyte Poster

Post by Jester »

OldnGrey wrote:A thought - you can dump the T2A area and put a fairly decent area down the bottom right of the OSI map below the dungeons.

Yeah, a good thought too it seems :) Only problem is I have no idea how to edit the map file :p
Tomi wrote:Jester yes you can, but you need to edit the client.exe for that. Because the map sizes are hardcoded
Damn, and I guess that would be a pain for me :p