Npc´s

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pobis
New User

Npc´s

Post by Pobis »

I´v got my shard runnig with almost everyhting, but the only thing i gotta do now is spawn all the npc´s ( merchants ) in the world and doors, furnitures, buildings etc... Would anyone mind sharing with me theses files ? I´m running a POL095... I´m really lazy to do these stuff...
Thanks! :)
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Its not possible for others to share these files since things like serial numbers for items can conflict and even some customizations for some shards will be incompatible with yours.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Spawning NPCs depends on what version of scripts you are running.

NPCs can be spawned using spawnpoints if you are using the standard POL 0.95 Distro. Just create a spawnpoint and double click it. The gump that comes up needs to be filled out with the proper data. SPawnpoints are generally used for small areas you wish to target with special NPCs like dungeons.

You can also use regionmanager to spawn large areas. You'll need to map out the regions if you are using a custom map. If you are using a standard map then the data that is contained in the POL 0.95 Distro data directory will contain general spawn info and region info for the entire world.

To spawn merchants, if you are using the POL 0.95 Distro use the command createnode and double click it to enter the info for spawning merchants. There will be a spot on the gump that you will click to spawn a merchant. Use that and enter the name of the merchant template.

Please note that all the above info applies to the POL 0.95 Distro. If you are using any other set of scripts like Zulu or WoD then you will need to look to see what they are using for their world spawner system.