Problem with .secure command.

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Comonier
New User

Problem with .secure command.

Post by Comonier »

Good afternoon.

I have a pol95 shard but i can't use the command .secure in my house.
The player dont can uses too.

Were i found the secure system for players house. Or wath and were i found the code [.create 0x____] of .secure exist?

Were i find or change this name. ... please helpme!
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

By default, I think saying

I wish to secure this

would allow you to secure an item. As for where to find it, maybe its pkg/systems/housing but someone else will have to confirm that since its all custom on my shard.
Comonier
New User

Post by Comonier »

[Sorry i dont speak english very good] I'm from Brasil.... RJ

It leaves I to explain, when I type I command .secure nothing I happen, as if the command exist, already had not said me that a code exists .create for this secure chest of the owner of the house. I want to know where I can find this command… and it will be itself the case, to enter in script, to edit for .secure to save and to compile again. If they someone will have this ready system, I am thankful if to send me… Mine yahoo: to comonier Mine msn: comonier@hotmail.com My email: comonier@gmail.com Debtor. I continue trying to decide this problem.
SMJ
Grandmaster Poster

Post by SMJ »

Perhaps your .secure is working properly, but you're not dropping out of GM mode when you test it- thus you're bypassing some of the checks in your container script. Are you using custom container scripts or a custom .secure script?
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

Perhaps you could post the code to your secure.src so we have some idea what might be happening? Otherwise, we're just kinda shooting in the dark, and we're just as likely to shoot you in the head, as actually fix the problem 8)
Comonier
New User

Post by Comonier »

I dont have a file secure.src and secure.ecl in housing dir
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I have 28,375 source files from over 7 different shards and third party packages and I cannot locat a .secure command for housing systems.

I believe what you are trying to do is create a secure container in a house. If so you need to be the owner of the house, you need to be inside the house and you need to be visible. Once you have met those criteria then you type the following phrase:

I wish to secure this

You should get a target. Click on the container you wish to secure and it should be marked by the housing system as a secure container and its "use" script will be changed to the secure container use script.

I hope that helps.
Comonier
New User

Post by Comonier »

I believe what you are trying to do is create a secure container in a house. If so you need to be the owner of the house, you need to be inside the house and you need to be visible.
Exatly this! :D

I Understand you sad about say the command:

I wish to secure this

1) But how can i chage the script for the player dont need type this. And only need type .secure to create a secured container in your house ?
2) Wath is the script file for this operation ?
3) Were i found it ?[/quote]
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If you are using POL 95 Distro you will find the secure script is not just one script. It is part of the signControl script and house.inc in \pol\pkg\items\housing

The problem in converting that to a text command is that this script does several tests to be sure the person securing the item has the access rights to perform the securing function. The command is integrated into the whole speech handling system. It would be easier to shorten the speech to "secure this" for now and later, when you feel like taking on a larger project you could break apart the pieces of the script and create a <dot> command.

If you want to shorten the speech necessary to secure a container simply edit this line in house.inc found in \pol\pkg\items\housing:

elseif (text["i wish to secure this"] or text["i wish to unsecure this"])

It should be at or near line number 529

Simply change the text "i wish to secure this" to whatever you want to shorten it to and save the file and then recompile all your scripts. I would recommend not making it just the word secure. Use atleast two words in the command.
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

I think I'd definitely recommend the dot-command route, if you are looking for something shorter to type. The reason the spoken commands are long is so they are not accidentally spoken in the midst of normal speech. For instance, it could be quite common while in a house to simply say 'secure this', without having any intention of actually securing something. Accidentally saying that while another cursor is up, or without realizing what is happened can easily end up with a container getting secured/unsecured without being intended... so as Kiko mentions, don't try to make a spoken command too short.
Comonier
New User

Post by Comonier »

So i dont have hous*.inc any directory of the pol...

You can giveme this file ?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Marilla the primary reason I recommended shortening the spoken command initially was because I assumed the reason he was asking for a <dot> command was for brevity. So the quickest way is to shorten the speech until he is able to script a <dot> command. It was meant as a temporary measure. Personally I like the idea of <dot> commands for all house operations like lockdown and secure but haven't yet tackled the thing.

Comonier, what version of scripts are you using? I assumed you were using POL 95 Distro. If so it has the file I referenced.
Comonier
New User

Post by Comonier »

Yes i POL 95,

If you can send to me i tank you

Send me the files of housing system....

to use a command in house for lockdown unlockdown etc secure