[fixed] Crash bug POL097-2008-02-26

Bug Reports relating to the 097 core are moved to this forum once solved.

Moderator: POL Developer

CWO
POL Expert

[fixed] Crash bug POL097-2008-02-26

Post by CWO »

This isn't actually too much of a bug but I figured this belongs in Bug Reports because it does crash POL. When starting POL without doing UOConvert on realms, POL will crash and create a dump without an explanation except naming the first script it touches (packethooks or syshooks). Maybe an explanation to use UOConvert should be here since it had me wondering and almost posting the dump until I remembered that I deleted my realm files when upgrading the core to the current one and never ran UOConvert again.
Madman
POL Developer

Post by Madman »

Yeah, that could be more descriptive.
CWO
POL Expert

Re: Crash bug POL097-2008-02-26

Post by CWO »

What confused me the most is what it did leading up to the crash. On startup, of course the first thing you see is it loading the realms then all of the packages. It just skips loading realms (no warning or indication, just nothing gets displayed about loading realms) and starts loading the packages and begins to load the data until it reaches pcs.txt and ultimately crashes and creates a dump. When experiencing this, my shard didn't have any region configs yet either. If you do have region configs that use the "realm" entry, you will get somewhat of an explanation. But if you do it without these configs, you should be able to reproduce the crash with no stated reason.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Crash bug POL097-2008-02-26

Post by MuadDib »

Fixed, just no changelog entry for it, hehehe