[not a bug] A new core bug from 1 Sept release?

Bug Reports relating to the 097 core are moved to this forum once solved.

Moderator: POL Developer

OldnGrey
POL Expert

[not a bug] A new core bug from 1 Sept release?

Post by OldnGrey »

07-08 Turley:
Changed : Status of other player (e.g. WarMode) will be shown correctly.
It shows their stance correctly, but now it is showing the other player in warmode as a 'grey' figure and all npcs you are in combat with also in 'grey'. By grey I mean the entire mobile colour is in grey.

Getting other reports that their status bars also disappear when the other player goes into warmode. I haven't seen that one yet for myself.
Last edited by OldnGrey on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luth
Former Developer

Re: A new core bug from 1 Sept release?

Post by Luth »

Is that not the appropriate highlight of a mobile in which you are in combat with?
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

REr npcs you are in combat with, I can't remember any more :) You are probably right. I was taking it from a player report. I will test it later esp the ones highlighted in red normally.

As for other players going grey when they are in warmode, I am seeing them in grey even if I am not in combat with them, so that's a bug probably introduced when fixing the original bug about not seeing them in warmode stance at all.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

OldnGrey wrote: It shows their stance correctly, but now it is showing the other player in warmode as a 'grey' figure and all npcs you are in combat with also in 'grey'. By grey I mean the entire mobile colour is in grey.
Fascinating, no player on my shard has this bug.
To clear this up: Mobile A gets into warmode and Mobile B sees him highlighted in grey and Mobile B also sees all npcs highlighted in grey?
The only mobile highlighted in my tests is the current opponent i am attacking. Color depends on what Notority he has, not always grey.
Do you have any "non normal" checks in your repsyshook?
Getting other reports that their status bars also disappear when the other player goes into warmode. I haven't seen that one yet for myself.
nor me
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

My apologies. I should have spent more time looking at the problem before posting it.

It turns out the packethook fix for the old core published by ncrsn was still on my shard and somehow causing the other players in warmode to be coloured grey. Thing is, I knew I had to remove it, but my upload of the new scripts and core had all the old core workarounds still in place.

I am glad I found that.