The procedure entry point K32*** could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

yayafan
Novice Poster

The procedure entry point K32*** could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Post by yayafan »

I run the latest POL99 server on windows 2012 server, install VC2015, and still have this error when start POL.
I've checked on Google, it told me a solution, can any one help to add as below descripted and complie a POL core for me?

Thanks!

add below conten in #include <Psapi.h>
#ifndef PSAPI_VERSION
#define PSAPI_VERSION 1
#endif

#include <Tlhelp32.h>
#include <Psapi.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "Psapi.lib")
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: The procedure entry point K32*** could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Post by Yukiko »

Is your system a 32 bit or 64 bit? You can find out by opening "System" in Control Panel and it will be displayed in the system description. If it is a 32 bit system you can PM me and I'll send you a 32 bit build of POL.
yayafan
Novice Poster

Re: The procedure entry point K32*** could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Post by yayafan »

It's 64 bit system, windows server 2012 version.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

What is the exact error message and where did you find the code lines?
yayafan
Novice Poster

Post by yayafan »

The error information is:
"The procedure entry point K32GetProcessMemoryInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"
yayafan
Novice Poster

Post by yayafan »

Hello,
This page has some helpful information regarding this issue:

https://www.khronos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1216

The procedure entry point K32GetProcessMemoryInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

The MSDN page for GetProcessMemoryInfo (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx) suggests that this due to a difference in linkage between Windows 7 and earlier versions; Windows 7 directly defines GetProcessMemoryInfo as K32GetProcessMemoryInfo in Kernel32.dll, whereas earlier versions call GetProcessMemoryInfo in Psapi.dll which wraps to K32GetProcessMemoryInfo.

Possible solution:
"Programs that must run on earlier versions of Windows as well as Windows 7 and later versions should always call this function as GetProcessMemoryInfo. To ensure correct resolution of symbols, add Psapi.lib to the TARGETLIBS macro and compile the program with -DPSAPI_VERSION=1. To use run-time dynamic linking, load Psapi.dll."