Fresh out of the oven. Core builds for 2017-09-23

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Fresh out of the oven. Core builds for 2017-09-23

Post by Yukiko »

Get 'em while they're piping hot!

Delicious new Core builds.

There's the all time favourite Windows x64 Core with that hearty peanut butter flavour. This time Turley put a special glazed sugar coating on it with a secret ingredient added especially for ThisIsMe.

The much less popular Windows x86 Core with its deep rich chocolaty flavour. Turley decided to add his glaze to that one as well.

Also the wonderfully fruit flavoured Linux CentOS version courtesy of Boberski and guess what. Turley was kind enough to glaze that one too.

And here's the secret ingredient he added to his glaze:

Code: Select all

-- POL099 --
09-23-2017 Turley:
  Added:   array.sort(int sub_index:=0) the optional p
There are installers and ZIPs available from our POL Bake Shop.

A special notice: We are discussing discontinuing the builds of the Windows x86 Cores due to the fact that most systems are x64 capable and are running x64 Windows operating systems. We would like input from our community to determine the demand for Windows x86 Core builds. So if you have no objection to discontinuing Windows x86 Core builds you do not need to respond but if you still require an x86 version feel free to respond here in this thread.
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: Fresh out of the oven. Core builds for 2017-09-23

Post by xeon »

For me, you can stop building x86. Only x64
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I suspect that is going to be the response from everyone Xeon but I want to be sure that we don't have a few people who don't have an old system they can't afford to upgrade. :)
msbranin
New User

Post by msbranin »

X64 version fails to download every time
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

msbranin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:06 pm X64 version fails to download every time
I just tested both the installer and the ZIP file links and I was able to download both of them on my phone. I opened the ZIP file and opened Core-changes.txt just to make sure I didn't get a corrupted file and it opened just fine. I am not sure why you're not able to download it.

If someone else is having trouble with the download or can test it and has trouble downloading it post here. If you get an error post that as well.
msbranin
New User

Post by msbranin »

Figured out that avast is blocking the x64 version saying its a virus. the x86 downloads just fine.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hmm... There shouldn't be anything malicious in the code. I am running virus and malware detection services. Is it the installer or the ZIP file, or both that Avast is blocking?
msbranin
New User

Post by msbranin »

Just the installer for the 64 bit version. the zip downloaded just fine. The 32 bit version worked fine with the installer and the zip.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks for the info. It might be because the x64 installer requires user account permissions. I'm not sure if the x86 installer requires UAC. Although that shouldn't cause a virus scanner to reject it solely because of that. I'll have to check the support forums for the install creator and see if they have had reports of this happening.