[Poll] Lastest POLCore revision

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

RusseL
Forum Regular

[Poll] Lastest POLCore revision

Post by RusseL »

Do you use the lastest POL Core on a live server?
Just wanna know how many peoples are using and testing it.
Last month I switched from an old SVN revision (was pretty stable) to the lastest git version, and my server is dead now, online is 0 and noone wanna play anymore, because it crashes everyday, sometimes every hour...
It's a pity, but core is completely unusable for me now...

Am i only one person who have such problems? Or noone using it?
Nando
POL Developer

Re: [Poll] Lastest POLCore revision

Post by Nando »

Which crashes do you have? Did you compile the core yourself? On Windows or Linux?

I've heard of shards having an uptime of more than 50 days with the recent core, and more than 100 players online. So it surprises me that you have a crash every day. I had the impression that the core was now quite stable, except for a few known bugs that are hard to squash.

It could be that your scripts are hitting those bugs more often than what we have seen so far.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

I already reported my crashes here
https://github.com/polserver/polserver/issues

i have a Linux version, compiled by myself, scriptbase... mhmhm... close to disto093-095 - it is really simple, pretty "empty" comparing to the new 099distro, and really good prooved - server is ~15 years old...
Actually, i do not, or rarely, use functionality (custom housing, smooth boats movement, aos resistance, buffs, etc.) and functions added after pol095 because i have no time to check and to remember it.
My old server was based on core svn revision 572+some upstream bugfixes, and it had an uptime over 50 days, yep. New core has a longest uptime of 5days >_<
Nando
POL Developer

Post by Nando »

Can you test my last commit? It may fix the problems you had.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

Nando wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 am Can you test my last commit? It may fix the problems you had.
Thank you, i will test it and report if it will crash with a same stacktrace