UOConvert

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

UOConvert

Post by boberski »

Hi,

I have question about uoconvert.cfg. We have boats, multis, stairs and mounts, Where should I put decorations? For example from 0x1F41 there are courtains, beads, minihouses etc.

Cheers!
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: UOConvert

Post by boberski »

Mighty POLCore Devs please give the answer to your humble servant! :P
Nando
POL Developer

Post by Nando »

Is there a need to specify decorations? From memory, the reason why boats, multis, stairs and mounts are important is because they're treated differently by the core. Decorations are just normal items that don't need special handling, and that's why there's no space to declare them.

Am I missing something? :P
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

There are writtet in multi.mul and uoconvert prints warning that there are no definitions for some ids in uoconvert.cfg. I try to resolve this issue :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Nando wrote:Is there a need to specify decorations? From memory, the reason why boats, multis, stairs and mounts are important is because they're treated differently by the core. Decorations are just normal items that don't need special handling, and that's why there's no space to declare them.

Am I missing something? :P
You missing next answer in this topic :P
Nando
POL Developer

Post by Nando »

Ok, I looked into the code. Boats are treated specially by the core, but there is no difference between a multi in "stairs" or "houses". They are currently treated the same by the core.

"Stairs" seems to be a catch-all for multi-item decorations such as stairs, carpets and tables. I updated the docs to reflect that.