Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Post Reply
boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:34 am

I have tested newest (7.0.52) client version on POLCore, but failed to log in with below error:

Code: Select all

[10/06 14:25:48] Client#3 connected from 31.182.65.108 (1 connections) on interface 155.133.43.140
[10/06 14:25:48] Client#3: Unexpected message type 0x28, 62 bytes (IP: 31.182.65.108, Account: None)
0000 28 49 05 28 bf e0 45 0f  a4 19 73 c6 9c 31 67 cc   (I.(..E. ..s..1g.
0010 19 f3 86 bc 21 6f 48 5b  52 d6 94 b5 a5 ad a9 65   ....!oH[ R......e
0020 2f a7 7f 01 2f 2f e0 25  47 45 dd 11 77 44 5d 51   /...//.% GE..wD]Q
0030 57 d4 95 b5 25 6d c9 9b  32 e6 8c 39 63 93         W...%m.. 2..9c...
You will add support for latest clients?
Last edited by boberski on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

Nando
POL Developer
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: COnecint to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by Nando » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:03 am

I haven't followed the new clients, and I also don't know when I'll have time to look into this. However, I would need more information.

Does anyone know what changed? Is it some new encryption? New packet during connection (similar to the seed packet)? Completely new way of logging in? If you could log the packet sequence until this point, we can see if it's just a quick fix.

boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:10 am

Can you give me a best way to trace the packets?
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:15 am

I connected via Razor ant it worked... Maybe I done something wrong with erlier encrytion removal...
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:16 am

What tool do you use to do that, besides Razor. I need a working one :)
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

Nando
POL Developer
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by Nando » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:21 am

I only use Razor for packet logging. The core has an option for that, but as far as I know it requires you to be connected. :/

boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

BTW: do POL support TOL (http://uo.com/time-of-legends/)?
Most important it has one more map.
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

Nando
POL Developer
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by Nando » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:39 pm

I would say that unless there's a big change in protocol or client files, it should work if you set it up in the realms.cfg.

Tomi
POL Developer
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by Tomi » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:09 am

Looks like your 0x80 login packet was encrypted in that your first post. The packet length seems to be correct so no new seed packet.
What enryption settings did you use in uoclient.cfg ?

About TOL maps, iirc the number of maps supported is hardcoded in core so just a simple realms.cfg change wont help.

boberski
Grandmaster Poster
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by boberski » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:16 am

Tomi wrote:Looks like your 0x80 login packet was encrypted in that your first post. The packet length seems to be correct so no new seed packet.
What enryption settings did you use in uoclient.cfg ?

About TOL maps, iirc the number of maps supported is hardcoded in core so just a simple realms.cfg change wont help.
I removed encryption from client wrong and that was issue.
You can check in: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5827
Cheers!
Boberski (http://pol.uo.hyeah.eu/)

Nando
POL Developer
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Connecting to latest POLCore from 7.0.52

Post by Nando » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:24 am

Tomi is right, the number of realms is hardcoded. The current limit of realms is 6 (defined in "pol-core/pol/realms.h", constant MAX_NUMER_REALMS): Britannia, Britannia_alt, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno, TerMur. However, there's no apparent limit on the uomapid.

So one option is to remove of the realms and use the new one in its place. The other is to change MAX_NUMER_REALMS to 7 and recompile the core. If that works for you, then you could send us a pull request on github or let me know here.

Post Reply