Errors when compiling - incompatible PDB format

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Errors when compiling - incompatible PDB format

Post by Yukiko »

As the message says I get the error "incompatible PDB format in... ... delete and rebuild. I am posting the warnings and error list below. I am at revision 717. I am using VS2012 with compiler drop down settings set to: Debug Type -> Auto, Solution Configuration -> Release and, Solution Platform -> Win32.

Can I just delete the PDB files in question and will VS rebuild them or is there something else I need to do? Are the "warnings" critical or can I ignore them?

Thansk in advance for your help.

Code: Select all

Warning	1	warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.0; default subsystem version assumed	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\runecl\LINK	runecl
Error	2	error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\runecl\Release\runecl.pdb'; delete and rebuild	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\runecl\LINK	runecl
Warning	3	warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.0; default subsystem version assumed	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\ecompile\LINK	ecompile
Error	4	error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\ecompile\Release\ecompile.pdb'; delete and rebuild	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\ecompile\LINK	ecompile
Warning	5	warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.0; default subsystem version assumed	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uotool\LINK	uotool
Warning	6	warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.0; default subsystem version assumed	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\pol\LINK	pol
Error	7	error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uotool\Release\uotool.pdb'; delete and rebuild	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uotool\LINK	uotool
Error	8	error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\pol\Release\pol.pdb'; delete and rebuild	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\pol\LINK	pol
Warning	9	warning LNK4010: invalid subsystem version number 5.0; default subsystem version assumed	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uoconvert\LINK	uoconvert
Error	10	error LNK1207: incompatible PDB format in 'C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uoconvert\Release\uoconvert.pdb'; delete and rebuild	C:\POL Server Source\trunk\pol-core\uoconvert\LINK	uoconvert
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: Errors when compiling - incompatible PDB format

Post by xeon »

Mmm I think you can just delete and let VS rebuild it
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

first time you tried to compile with vs2012? looks a bit like it. a simple clean solution should be enough. but sometimes vs cannot delete some pdbs so if the error still occurs simply delete all compilation folders. (debug + release)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Yep. It's the first time compiling with 2012. I didn't wipe and re-checkout a clean SVN. I'll try deleting the PDB files first and then try cleaning the solution build folders next. If it still errors out I'll just wipe my SVN folder and re-checkout the repo.
Thanks.