Problem with custom map as mapid=1

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Core Essence
Neophyte Poster

Problem with custom map as mapid=1

Post by Core Essence »

I'm currently trying to use a customized map as mapid=1, but I've incurred in several problems.

What I'm doing is the follow:

uoconvert map realm=hope mapid=1 usedif=0 width=6143 height=4095
uoconvert statics realm=hope
uoconvert maptile realm=hope

I first tried by using britannia_alt as realm identificator, then switched to see if was some kind of problem related to that
Whenever I go to the new realm tough, the client still reads the map0.mul component, and I can't walk on the realm.
I read about an old bug that should have been fixed, but tried anyway to see if it was still present on my core for some mistake, so I removed all the "real" mapid=0 files and renamed the mapid=1 files to 0 (wich means map1.mul > map0.mul and the same for staidx and statics)

After the UO-convert I logged again on the server, without fixing the maps..
All 3 realms were showing the customized map that I am supposed to use (britannia, britannia_alt and hope), but in none of them was possible to walk
I then renamed again the maps to their default name, and when I logged back I was seeing the mapid=0 map in all 3 of the realms.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere, but can't find out what.
I also tried to remove any kind of diff files from my client, but still getting the same problem.

Using 2010-01-02 POL 099
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: Problem with custom map as mapid=1

Post by xeon »

Hi :)
First of all, I seem to recall that map0 and map1 are rendered by the client as the same map, so if you want to use a custom map alongside with Sosaria default, you have to put it in map2. If anyone could confirm this, it would be great. At the moment, I can't find a reference about maps.

For the fact that you can't walk, have you tried also in different position respect to where you log in? Maybe it's a problem in the tiles you log in over, they aren't staticized or some other problem.

Let us know ;)
Core Essence
Neophyte Poster

Re: Problem with custom map as mapid=1

Post by Core Essence »

We are currently using both map0, map2 and map3, so our only option is to use map1

as for the mobility of course I tried different position, it could be that for some reason the map (wich is still in building state) is somewhat corrupted.
From what I can see the problem lies in the client

By using the clients <6 I can't see the map without the diffs, as in earlier clients Trammel was only being handled by diff files, while with clients >=6 I can see the correct map or so it seems... Still unclear if the walking problem lies in there or not

What I need to know is if there's any way to handle the map for both clients <6 and >=6, as we're allowing players to freely use what they prefer, otherwise I'll need to force them on having clients >6 versions...