UOSA and Packet 0xDC

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Ultixan
New User

UOSA and Packet 0xDC

Post by Ultixan »

Hi there,

I realize that this would probably be better suited to the feature suggestion forum but I don't seem to have access to it.

Since I've started developing for the SA client I've noticed some rather odd behavior with regards to this packet.
If the revision number sent from the server, for an npc, is equal to to 0, then the client never requests the megacliloc packet for the npc in question.
In addition to this, the client does not highlight the model with its notoriety colour or display the model when pressing ctrl + shift. If the 0xDC packet sends anything but 0, then it is fine. Now, any sort of modification to an npc, even it's name, causes the revision number associated with the npc to increment and thus cause both the highlighting of the model and the megacliloc packet to function properly. The two ways I have found around this are to either hook this packet and change the revision number to 1 if it is 0, or when an npc is created, make its name equal to its name. The latter is obviously preferable as it is a lot less resource intensive than hooking every single one of these packets but the ideal solution would be if the core started its revision numbers from 1 as that would alleviate all of these problems.

Anyway, this problem only seems to be present in the enhanced client from what I have been able to determine. I thought I would just post it as a bit of a request as well as some info in case anyone else runs across this problem.

Cheers,

- Ulti
Justae
Expert Poster

Re: UOSA and Packet 0xDC

Post by Justae »

Hi Ultixan,

You may also want to check out the Allnames packet hook which is active, it might be interfering with that.

Cheers,
Justae.
Ultixan
New User

Re: UOSA and Packet 0xDC

Post by Ultixan »

Following my spectacular failure to notice that this has been discussed elsewhere on the forums I think this thread can probably be marked as redundant. ;)

- Ulti