Running UO:SA Client version 7.0 build 3.0.0.122 on POL099

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Justae
Expert Poster

Post by Justae »

Hello People,

I would like to share the information I have with those who want to run the (in my opinion) excellent Stygian Abyss client on POL.
I can only speak in terms of POL099 as that is what I have very recently converted my POL096.7 scriptbase to.
I do have a couple of snags which I hope someone out there may have a suggestion for me. I hope this is the correct thread into which to post to.

Generating the realm files.

Ok, to start with, I stopped trying to generate the realms files with the MULs and IDXs of the UO:SA client.
When I ran uoconvert, it threw-up errors about "illegal graphic 0xxxx at location xxxx yyyy zzz". The graphic values reported as errors where everything above 0x3fff
I expected this, seeing as POL only allows max up to 0x3fff. I had even set the flag MaxTileID=0x7FFF in the POL.CFG file. It seems uoconvert does not see this when the conversion runs.

I used the MULs and IDXs from UO:ML client 6.0.1.7 (because that is what my live shard still uses, clients on live shard are also 6.0.1.7)

My uoconvert.cfg is straight-forward, I generate all the realms (except Ter Mur of course)

uoconvert.bat

Code: Select all

uoconvert multis
copy multis.cfg config

uoconvert tiles
copy tiles.cfg config

uoconvert landtiles
copy landtiles.cfg config

uoconvert map     realm=britannia mapid=0 usedif=1 width=7168 height=4096
uoconvert statics realm=britannia
uoconvert maptile realm=britannia

uoconvert map     realm=britannia_alt mapid=1 usedif=1 width=7168 height=4096
uoconvert statics realm=britannia_alt
uoconvert maptile realm=britannia_alt

uoconvert map     realm=ilshenar mapid=2 usedif=1 width=2304 height=1600
uoconvert statics realm=ilshenar
uoconvert maptile realm=ilshenar

uoconvert map     realm=malas mapid=3 usedif=1 width=2560 height=2048
uoconvert statics realm=malas
uoconvert maptile realm=malas

uoconvert map     realm=tokuno mapid=4 usedif=1 width=1448 height=1448
uoconvert statics realm=tokuno
uoconvert maptile realm=tokuno
Ok so, that generated the necessary \realms files for facets britannia, britannia_alt, ilshenar, malas, tokuno

I have these settings in the servspecopt.cfg file :

servspecopt.cfg

Code: Select all

DefaultDoubleclickRange=2
MovementUsesStamina=1
AllowSecureTradingInWarMode=0
TotalStatsAtCreation=65,80,90-95,100
DefaultDecayTime=10
DefaultContainerMaxItems=250
DefaultContainerMaxWeight=60000
HiddenTurnsCount=1
MaxPathFindRange=50
ItemColorMask=0x4FFF
DefaultLightLevel=8
InvulTag=1
CharacterSlots=6
UOFeatureEnable=0x1e0
The UOFeatureEnable=0x1e0 is the one I am not 100% sure about, if it is the correct bitset for UO:SA. Thing is, it works the best so far of any of the other combinations. All of the spellbooks are in and accessible and useable. All in UO:SA "2.5D" (Looks like a better version of the old 3D)

My POL.CFG is standard and it points to the data files belonging to the UO:ML 6.0.1.7 client. I just copied them into a subdirectory C:\pol099\6017Muls
so the setting is UoDataFileRoot=C:\pol099\6017Muls\

I could not get Razor to run the UO:SA 2.5D client, which is the one I want to use, so I got a hold of a launcher for UO:SA which runs it fine. The launcher also optionally creates a patched, stand-alone client file which you run directly. If there is anyone needing this launcher, pm me in the POL forums. I am not sure if it would be allowed to put the link for it here, seeing as it is not mine, but it is free.

Troubles

Gumps. This has been resolved with a custom gump system written by Dev Dragos. Aug 29, 2010
Here then is where I need some help. SendDialogGump works 100%, no problem with those gumps at all. In fact, they look even better in UO:SA
However, CreateMenu does not work, nothing comes up. Banks work, NPC Vendor menus work. I just cannot get CreateMenu to work and I need that to work badly, as all my crafting menus use CreateMenu, SelectMenuItem2 extensively and I do not have the time to rewrite all of those. Any ideas on what I can do or will this be something that needs fixing in a later core ?

Tooltips.
I was running the Megacliloc package just fine under POL096.7 with client UO:ML 6.0.1.7
With UO:SA and POL099, I have to disable the package otherwise UO:SA client crashes directly after login.
I would really like to have the Megacliloc package back, if anyone has a solution for this please.

My logon script sets acctref.set_uo_expansion("SA") That runs on logon. I send no additional packets to the client on logon, am I doing this right in these conditions ?

GM Character This has been resolved, my own booboo. Aug 29, 2010

It seems that no matter what privileges I enable or disable, any staff character with cmdlevel > 1 can automatically move items which are set to be non-movable. Doors, forges, anvils, anything. I initially had all these privs set :

Privs all clotheany dblclickany equipany freemove hearghosts ignoredoors invul losany seeghosts seehidden seeinvisitems
Settings all clotheany dblclickany desolation equipany freemove hearghosts ignoredoors invul losany seeghosts seehidden seeinvisitems

Which I then changed to :

Privs equipany hearghosts invul seeghosts seehidden
Settings equipany hearghosts invul seeghosts seehidden

Still I am able to (as test cmdlevel with the above settings) move any object which I have explicitly locked-down, set non-movable, simply by clicking on it once and picking it up.

Other than that, everything else works and it all works well. I even have particle effects working well.

Any input on my above issues is greatly apprecited.

Yours sincerely,
Justae
Last edited by Justae on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacquesc1
New User

Re: Running UO:SA Client version 7.0 build 3.0.0.122 on POL0

Post by jacquesc1 »

This is so good Oom Justae.
Tharon
Novice Poster

Post by Tharon »

Do somebody know how to convert a map.mul to .uop?
Terciob
Master Poster

Post by Terciob »

Tharon wrote:Do somebody know how to convert a map.mul to .uop?
[2]
Terciob
Master Poster

Post by Terciob »

custom gump system written by Dev Dragos. Aug 29, 2010
Can you share this solution with us?
Justae
Expert Poster

Post by Justae »

I would rather not as it involves modifying UO.EM, the structure of the data parsed to CreateMenu and also mod to RequestInput.

Rather wait for the updated POL099. Only reason we have implemented these temporary Gump fixes is to allow me to forge ahead with the implementation of UO:SA and POL099 for my shard. As soon as the proper fixes are in POL099, I will revert back to standard core routines.

Best regards,
Justae.