Just a quick question to 0.99 Release and startlog/stoplog

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

Just a quick question to 0.99 Release and startlog/stoplog

Post by OWHorus »

Hello,

just tried to find out how our client (5.0.6a) and POL 0.99 release negotiate things, when the player walks toward a mobile. I am on GA, all empty, one named NPC with equipment stands there and player walks from higher distance (>40 tiles) toward the NPC. I am in GM mode, i.e. can see invisible/invulnerable and so on.

Now - with the log it all starts with an 0x78 packet, to draw the NPC. Next POL sends two 0x1C packets wich report first the name, next [invulnerable]. Client then sends a single click request for this NPC and receives a bunch of 0xDC packets. From this point on the entire NPC including the custom names of the equipment seems to be known, a double click on the NPC brings an open paperdoll packet (0x88) from the server, and looking at the paperdoll it has all custom names for the equipment!

But the client never received these names?? How does it know?

Or - could it be, that .startlog ignores all MegaCliloc packets and does not show them? Because despite beeing an older client this client supports MegaCliloc, and obviously uses them, but they are not shown in the packet log?

Thank you.

OWHorus
OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Just a quick question to 0.99 Release and startlog/stoplog

Post by OWHorus »

Have to answer myself :)

It is true, that Mega-Clilocs are not shown with .startlog/stoplog!

But if I enable the privilege 'plogany' for my character, they suddenly show up in the log. So problem solved.

A short comment: I was unable to find a list of all the privileges in the documentation? Maybe I overlooked it, but I had to look up the list in the latest distro. Luckily it was there, before I had to go hunting in POL sources.

Thank you!

OWHorus
Pumpkins
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pumpkins »

OWHorus wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:20 am A short comment: I was unable to find a list of all the privileges in the documentation? Maybe I overlooked it, but I had to look up the list in the latest distro. Luckily it was there, before I had to go hunting in POL sources.

Thank you!

OWHorus
https://docs.polserver.com/pol099/privileges.php
;)
OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

Post by OWHorus »

Thank you.

Probably I am going blind....

:D