vendors

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 096.
Note: Core 096 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Neo
New User

vendors

Post by Neo »

all my vendors are gone like banker arcitect and that kinda stuff what program needed to get it backk?
Bytehawk
Apprentice Poster

Post by Bytehawk »

When you're using distro, vendors are spawned by merchant nodes and will respawn if they're killed, which should never happen, since merchants are invulnerable.

Since the merchants are not respawned, you may have changed something in the controlscript of the merchant nodes, in the npcdesc.cfg or the ai script of the merchants. Hard to say from the distance what exactly causes this.
Neo
New User

Post by Neo »

Hmm Can Some One Giveme The .txt File How Its Inside? :eek:
Neo
New User

Post by Neo »

Please? :sad:
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

There is nothing anyone can really just 'give' you to get your vendors back. In all likelihood, they are long gone. Did you go and delete your shard's save files without knowing what all was in them, perhaps?
Neo
New User

Post by Neo »

that can someone send me the file??
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

No one can send you YOUR save files, no. No one else had them but you. My save files are for my shard, and if you tried to use them, your shard would not even start up.

Think of it like this: If you had a file on your computer (say, a Word document) that you had written a bunch of stuff into, and then you deleted that file completely off your computer... could anyone else send you that file to replace it? No, they couldn't.
Neo
New User

Post by Neo »

so how i can get it back?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I assume you have a releatively new shard without much custom stuff Neo. So you can copy the data directory from the POL 95 Distro download to your pol directory. That will restore all the NPCs and items as they were originally on a new POL installation. But backup your account.txt, pcs.txt and pcequip.txt files first. Keep in mind that you'll lose any items stored in bank boxes and backpacks but atleast you'll have all the NPCs and vendors back.