ICP?

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 096.
Note: Core 096 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

SMJ
Grandmaster Poster

ICP?

Post by SMJ »

What, exactly, are the icp.cfg's for? What do they do? Are they required for anything?
SMJ
Grandmaster Poster

Post by SMJ »

Nevermind- one of the 096 functions was throwing an error in debug.log . I just deleted it, and no more errors.
atreiu
Grandmaster Poster

Re: ICP?

Post by atreiu »

interesting question. no thoughts since 2006 =)
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

If I remember correctly, icp.cfg was part of a system on an old distro and has no use for anything else but that distro system so the only people who would know anything about it would be those experienced in that flavor of the distro scriptset.
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

The ICP system ... I cant remember what ICP stands for, Myrathi invented that and the first version of it.
It was redesigned and expanded somewhere around 096. Its a package browser.

It creates a package list and lets you browse through the commands in a package (via icp.config) controlling access levels and ensuring ICP compatibility) as well as creating npcs and seeing what itemdesc.cfg entries exist for the package.
1_control.jpg
3_control.jpg
4_control.jpg
5_control.jpg
6_control.jpg
It also brings in the command bar around 097.
cmdbar-6.jpg
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

FYI Austin ICP stands for "Interface Controller Package". Found that info in an old set of scripts from the "Super Shard" days. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

CWO wrote:If I remember correctly, icp.cfg was part of a system on an old distro and has no use for anything else but that distro system so the only people who would know anything about it would be those experienced in that flavor of the distro scriptset.
ICP is compatible with any "complete world" POL script set but it does require setup for each package. Consult the documentation that Austin provided in his upgrade for info on setting it up.