few quick questions

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 096.
Note: Core 096 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

ronco214123
New User

few quick questions

Post by ronco214123 »

Hello i used to play alot tried to start a server when i was in the armed services and failed for some reason had a crash wouldnt let anyone log in im wanting to fiddle around and see how this works now that im out and have some more time on my hands if i were to run a complete world scrips would i have to use a certain emulator and is tthere a certain windows id have to run ie 98 xp and so fourth thank you to who may help
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: few quick questions

Post by Yukiko »

POL runs on all current versions of Windows, even XP. I don't think it will run on pre-XP Windows.

As for which complete world to use... you could try the "Distro". That has a class system along with other customisations and is a rework of the World of Dreams I believe. The Distro-Alt is another good choice especially if you want a basic working shard that you can customise with the features you want. It is based on the POL 0.95 Distro but upgrade to work with POL 0.99. It has a few improvements and additions but still retains pretty much the functionality of the original Distro as the developers intended.

You can also experiment with the other complete worlds posted but be aware that some of them may not be compatible with POL versions above POL 0.95.

I hope that helps a little.