server encryption

Here you can discuss packets, implementation and design, and software related to the packet sniffing and such. This is not the place to post packages for POL, but rather discuss the packet side of them.

Moderator: POL Developer

gha
New User

server encryption

Post by gha »

hi,

I'm trying to understand the pol-core source and have some questions about the encryption.

the server encrypt the packets sent to the client? if yes, what kind o encryption it uses?

runuo sends encrypted packets too (I'm asking this because I didn't found anything related with encrypted msgs in run uo source)?
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: server encryption

Post by xeon »

I dunno about the POL099, but I think that the communication between server and client is obfuscated until a certain revision of the client, I think < 3.x, and encrypted after that
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Re: server encryption

Post by Agata »

In POL you choose the desired encryption by version number. So if you want the 7.0.15.1 clients to connect with encryption, you set it up in uoclient.cfg so the encryption from that client is used.

RunUO requires that you remove encryption, although I remember reading about some server plugins for using encrypted clients.