New seasons&weather packets?

Here you can discuss packets, implementation and design, and software related to the packet sniffing and such. This is not the place to post packages for POL, but rather discuss the packet side of them.

Moderator: POL Developer

Bracco
Adept Poster

New seasons&weather packets?

Post by Bracco »

hi there... not a long ago, i patched up the client and reached 5.0.7.1 and immediately noticed that some parts of the world are now covered by snow...

i thought it was something hardcoded in the client (like a check on your computer's date to see if its winter) but then i found that if you send a weather packet for rain, it shows snow instead. (even changing my computer and/or server date)

so i guess they changed something either in season/weather packets, or maybe added a new one that changes the behaviour of the previous...

first thing i tried, is to play with the "temperature" bit in weather packet, but had no luck. ofc i tried season packet but it has nothing to do with this
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

My server doesn't send rain packets at all and my shard is covered with snow too. I think this is just something they've done for now and will probably patch out later.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

OSI has been really fudging with the client lately to add new things, and yes, this snow is one of them. They did a LOT of work on snow for this year's winter because of Kingdom Reborn coming this spring (The new client interface). So expect a lot, A LOT, of packet changes soon probably :(
Bracco
Adept Poster

Post by Bracco »

to anyone who cares about this...

seems packets hasn't been changed at all.
Instead of fixing the Winter season (which is pretty much buggy) they just changed the client so that it shows the snow instead of the forest tiles, and snow instead of rain.

so with 5.0.7.1 and 5.0.7.2 you will see snow, and you just can't turn it off because it's simply hardcoded in the client. use 5.0.7.0 or wait next patch