US Votes

Need to discuss something being done all wrong? Explain it!
Also home of flame-fest-fridays.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

US Votes

Post by Pierce »

Something i've been concerned over the last 8 years, even if i'm not citizen of the US.
I hope that Obama wins :) I hoped that 8 years ago that us americans are intelligent enough to choose the right one. 4 years ago again. I hope they choose now the right one *g*
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: US Votes

Post by Yukiko »

Yeah, Americans need someone to speak in simple language they can understand and President Obama certainly speaks the language of the "common man".

And they certainly need change. I think the choice of Joe Biden as his Vice-President was perfect. It speaks to change since he's been in congress for years.
goqsane
Neophyte Poster

Post by goqsane »

And in your opinion Bush didn't speak in a clear way? I've always thought he speaks at a nano-intelligent level, like a typical farmer from Texas. Well, congratulations to Obama for winning the presidential election, I wish him all the best to change America to a normal country once again, and I certainly hope you will take your paws off the whole world and just mind your own business, thank you!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

goqsane I absolutely agree with you that Bush sounds like a Texan. I guess that's because he's from Texas but what do I know. Also, I think he's been a pretty poor president as was his father although you and I most certainly would disagree why and I won't give my reasons here because, well, because it doesn't matter.

I also agree that the United States should not be involved where it is not wanted. The US should stop sending foreign aid to countries that constantly think the worst of America. The US should demand that the United Nations finally pay all the back rent on that building they occupy on US soil.

As to what a "normal country" is I doubt anyone knows. I don't think there is such a thing. I am sure that Iran or Greece (Helan for those Greek purists) or Great Britain think they are "normal" but they are not alike.

What confuses me is when a citizen of another country decides what they think is best for America. Why? Because they don't want the US deciding what's best for them.

Pierce wrote:
...even if i'm not citizen of the US.
I hope that Obama wins :) I hoped that 8 years ago that us americans are intelligent enough to choose the right one. 4 years ago again. I hope they choose now the right one
If nothing else America should get to hear some fairly well delivered speeches for the next four years. Bush could not deliver a good speech if his life depended on it. Now Bill Clinton always sounded good to me. I like that Southern accent and his voice was smooth.

I think one of the good things that that came from the election is that finally we can put to rest that America is racist. So I guess Jesse Jackson is out of a job.
*grins*

Anyway, I admit I am interested to see how the Democrats will run the nation. I am not like a lot of my associates who think the world is come to an end. I had people telling me that Obama was the anti-Christ for God's sakes. No the world is not ending yet. It matters not who is president when that time comes.

So I hope that as you and Pierce say that America will be a better nation but I doubt it will change much, after-all the US now owns the banking system. Isn't that a wonderful thought?