Wishlist for your dreamshard.

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

nFz
Neophyte Poster

Wishlist for your dreamshard.

Post by nFz »

Hello Everyone,

As beeing curious about what others always wanted to see on a shard i would like to know What are the best systems/mechanics you have seen or always wanted to see on a shard is.

Myself one of the best systems (biased AF) i’ve seen is the guildsystem of Neverlands without order/chaos and newbie, merchant and warrior types. Including the big guildwars i’ve participated in.
Last edited by nFz on Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: With list for your dreamshard.

Post by Yukiko »

The first shard I played on, Journey's End, had a great Alchemy system. It did not use gumps for creating potions. To make a standard potion,, heal, cure etc., player had to learn the ingredients by trial and error. The more advanced potions required more equipment but that gives you an idea of what was involved in that alchemy system.

Another aspect of that shard was a solid focus on role play. I realize that role play is not a game mechanism that can be scripted but it was something I enjoyed on JE.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Re: With list for your dreamshard.

Post by nFz »

Yukiko wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:17 am The first shard I played on, Journey's End, had a great Alchemy system. It did not use gumps for creating potions. To make a standard potion,, heal, cure etc., player had to learn the ingredients by trial and error. The more advanced potions required more equipment but that gives you an idea of what was involved in that alchemy system.

Another aspect of that shard was a solid focus on role play. I realize that role play is not a game mechanism that can be scripted but it was something I enjoyed on JE.
Sounds like a very interesting alchemy system, which also lifts the nature of alchemy!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Wishlist for your dreamshard.

Post by Yukiko »

It was. The system was a trial and error learning experience. I'm not certain if the learning part would work well today because the recipes for the standard potions are pretty well known now but back in 2001 to 2002 they were not. It was time-consuming unless you had Injection, It was a macroing, and a client cheat program.