Ask - Book package

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

xeon
Forum Regular

Ask - Book package

Post by xeon »

Anyone has a working Book package that would not mind to share?
We're still using old and bugged Zulu version of book pkg. I would like to fix it, but the idea of fighting another time with gumps just depress me
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Ask - Book package

Post by Yukiko »

I don't know what bugs were in the Zulu pkg. The Distro has a version of the Zulu package. The book spawn portion was changed and now doesn't write a very long global property in pol.txt listing the spawnable book shelves. This means, if you use the Distro version, you will have to go about your worlds and setup book shelves you want to spawn books.

I would be interested in knowing what bugs the Zulu package has so I can check for them in the Distro book pkg as it is based on Zulubooks.
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Let me narrow the request
I'm referring to the "book" items in game, editable by the player.
We've got a broken pkg script for editing the books.
I would reuse a good, nice editing gump script for these :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Our Distro scripts use the book gump as the editing "surface". It's pretty much the "standard" way to edit books. You mifgt download the Distro and look in the \pkg\items directory for the sysbooks package. I don't think it's buggy. It shouldn't be too hard to extract the book editing part from the sysbooks pkg for use. Especially since that pkg is based on Zulu's. Assuming your Zulu scripts haven't gone through some radical rewrite :)

I'd still like to know the nature of the bug(s) because I want to check ours just in case I've overlooked the same bug but to be honest I haven't found any or had any reported to me either here on when Hope Lives when it was an active shard and we used the same package there.
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Yuki rest assured that if there is a bug it's in our scripts :asd:
I'll check the Distro sysbook pkg, I'm sure that one is working.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Ok.