The downloadable POL Docs.

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

The downloadable POL Docs.

Post by Yukiko »

It's been a long time since I downloaded the ZIP file of the POL documentation. The 2009 version is the one I had on my PC. In that version the eScript Module links linked to the entire documentation for each EM (module) and did not have the drop-down lists for individual function calls for the EM files. It was just a few days ago that my son and I were lamenting the fact that the downloadable docs didn't function as the online docs with the drop-downs. Today I decided to download the updated documentation. I have a flaky Internet connection at work so I like having the docs local on my computer at work. Imagine my surprise to find that the local files now function like the website with the drop-down lists for individual functions within the various modules. I don't know when this was done but I want to give a resounding THANK YOU to whomever wrote the page to function that way.

So for those who didn't know about this upgrade to the download version of the docs, take the time to grab them.

I know some people may think it's a trivial thing to be so excited about but to me it's just about as big as the day when Racalac created the whole docs web page.

Also, I want to thank the developers for maintaining the core changes file as well. I always find myself playing "catch-up" for my "changes" doc for my server.

Great work guys!
bodom
Former Developer

Re: The downloadable POL Docs.

Post by bodom »

You're welcome mate :)

P.S: Merry Christmas! :cheers:
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Huge thanks to all the pol devs, for giving us the engine to make our fantasy world became real
huoban
New User

Post by huoban »

Dowl URl?
huoban@sohu.com
Thank you
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

For the Official release POL 099 on this page you will find the online documentation and there is a link at the top of that page to download the docs.

For the Beta release POL 100 on this page you will find the online documentation and the link at the top of the page to download the docs for the beta release.

Enjoy.