I have a map substitution question.

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

I have a map substitution question.

Post by Yukiko »

I'm playing around with substituting a different map for the Termur map. The map I want to use is bigger than Termur's dimensions. I'm using the latest POL Core. I am also using the High Seas Classic client 7.0.27.9 (patch unknown).

I changed the dimensions in the realmgen.bat file to match the dimensions of the new map.

The new map dimensions are:

Code: Select all

realm=termur mapid=5 usedif=0  width=2560 height=2048
I ran realmgen from the starthere.bat file on the (new) Termur map with no errors reported.

I used the UOP packer extension in UO Fiddler to pack the new map 5 files into the map 5 UOP file for the client.

I can log in to POL and get to the Termur realm (I didn't change the name of the realm.) I can see the map. The client sees and reports the names of statics when I click on them. I can even see the map in the version of UO Automap that was modified to view Termur (map5). However I can't walk in most of the map.

I haven't kept a record of the walkable areas in the standard Termur map so I don't know if the few areas I can walk in are those normally walkable in Termur.

My question is: Can POL Core and the UO client handle maps outside the range of the "standard maps" or am I trying to do the impossible?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: I have a map substitution question.

Post by Yukiko »

I tried adding my new map as an additional realm as map6 but POL errors out with an exception that I can only have 6 (map0 through map5) maps. I assume that's a setting in the POL Core source so I'll leave that attempt alone for now. :)