Map Files

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

brickerz
New User

Map Files

Post by brickerz »

I apologize if this has been asked, but I wasn't able to find much information after searching online and on the forums.(Although, perhaps my searching was not properly worded). I'm trying to find out which file/what file information builds the map the players see. For instance, I noticed in UOFiddler that the map has information on the map - the land tile that goes in that position. I'm looking to be able to recreate the uot2a word tile for tile programmatically to import it into another mapping program.

What I've done so far using fiddler is export (thank you for the click interface, group export would be awesome in the future), rotated them (this mapping program is not a rotated grid), and ran them through a python program I wrote to remove the black around the edges and replace it with a transparency. I still have to run them through and resize the image so that there isn't a white space when I place it on the mapping programs board.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any directions you can point me.
Nando
POL Developer

Re: Map Files

Post by Nando »

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. There is an old guide for the file format used by the client (http://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/fileformats.shtml). Newer clients use a map for each realm, so you'll find also files map[N].mul, where N is the id of the map. Even newer clients will have packed files (.uop) that contain many muls inside.

UoFiddler is open source (https://github.com/polserver/poltools/t ... /UoFiddler) and uses the UltimaSDK to read the files. Maybe you could have a look into it?
brickerz
New User

Post by brickerz »

Thanks. I ended up modifying UOFiddler and created the world again in jpg format by using the landtile information and static information
Humbert
New User

Post by Humbert »

brickerz wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 pm Thanks. I ended up modifying UOFiddler and created the world again in jpg format by using the landtile information and static information
Good idea brickerz did it end up working out well?