Are you looking for custom alternative maps?

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Are you looking for custom alternative maps?

Post by Yukiko »

If you want to replace one of the standard maps in the UO client with some nice custom worlds then check out Darkshard.

Carl Hamilton has been designing custom replacement UO maps for years. His work is pretty impressive. He has replacements for just about every realm on his site. He's even compiled a DVD that contains all of his currently completed maps along with numerous editing utilities, emulators, graphics, MUL and UOP files of his graphical enhancements, and PDF versions of various UO guides. There is a more comprehensive list on his site. The collection is also available on a Flash drive. You can also purchase single maps if you choose. His maps are not expensive considering the amount of time he puts into a each one. Some of his designs took hundreds of hours to create.

I bought several of his maps years ago and used them in my shard. He deserves extra praise for his ability to work with some of the quirky tools that have been created for UO map and graphics editing and creation.

So go have a look and see what he's done even if you are happy with the "standard" maps. It's impressive, but if you want a truly custom shard, he is the person to seek out first.

Disclaimer: I suppose I should put this in. I do not receive any compensation from Darkshard or Carl Hamilton for promoting his work. I'm just a happy customer and feel he deserves some credit for his designs and enhancements.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Are you looking for custom alternative maps?

Post by boberski »

Really nice site, worth to check :)