Do We Have A Spawn System Like RunUO's XML Spawning System

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Do We Have A Spawn System Like RunUO's XML Spawning System

Post by Zaksmeer » Sun May 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Do we have available to us a spawning system like RunUO's XML Spawning System. You could drop a spawn bit, it was an object that displayed a gump in which you could add npcs for spawning, add custom items or change their color, skills, stats, etc, and how many there would be, and there could multiple npcs on one spawn bit.

I liked using it when you wanted to add a little spice to an area. I tried using ours, but, I don't think it can do what I want.

Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Do We Have A Spawn System Like RunUO's XML Spawning Syst

Post by Zaksmeer » Sat May 10, 2014 9:57 pm

I am looking for an 099 compatible spawner system where you can lay down "spawner runes or bits" and edit them with name of spawner, spawner npc, monster, creature, whatever, and number to spawn.

Austin
Former Developer

Re: Do We Have A Spawn System Like RunUO's XML Spawning Syst

Post by Austin » Mon May 12, 2014 9:09 am

Zaksmeer wrote:Do we have available to us a spawning system like RunUO's XML Spawning System. You could drop a spawn bit, it was an object that displayed a gump in which you could add npcs for spawning, add custom items or change their color, skills, stats, etc, and how many there would be, and there could multiple npcs on one spawn bit.

I liked using it when you wanted to add a little spice to an area. I tried using ours, but, I don't think it can do what I want.
There is a spawn system that can do this, and is not tied to a specific item.
http://s77.photobucket.com/user/POLDist ... t=4&page=1

Code:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/mytharria/cod ... awnSystem/

This spawn system may also be in the POL disto SVN.