UOFiddler basic help

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Shokarta
New User

UOFiddler basic help

Post by Shokarta »

Hey guys, Im new here new here but quick learner...

What do i need to do... for example i have a item 0x0CA1 which is some kind of fern, and i want to modify its graphic and then the whole item save into blabla.mul so other people coul use my edited item too....

how do I do that... if UOFiddler is not the right software then what is? i tred couple of them and MulEditor was closest software i came across... but i couldnt figure out how to add a single item into my mul file (I could only import all items from art.mul which is too big (so my system colapses) and then just remove all items and leave just one... so i coulnd ust simply add one with my specific type 0x0CA1)....

thanks for your help !!!
Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Re: UOFiddler basic help

Post by Pachacuti »

UOFiddler IS the right software.

Just right click the item you're going to change the graphic and click Replace. After that, right click on any item and click on Save. UOFiddler will probably ask for an output directory (if not, there should be an option for it on the preferences).

Good luck!
Shokarta
New User

Post by Shokarta »

Pachacuti wrote:UOFiddler IS the right software.

Just right click the item you're going to change the graphic and click Replace. After that, right click on any item and click on Save. UOFiddler will probably ask for an output directory (if not, there should be an option for it on the preferences).

Good luck!
Thanks but this is exactly what I dont want to do :)

I want to save JUST a changes into a separate file (usualy Verdata.mul) and if someone wants to change just those items i modified then he will copy this Verdata.mul into UltimaOnline directory as well as VerdataPatcher.exe and once the verdatapatcher.exe is run it will patch the art.mul by my graphic in verdata.mul....

you can download those modifications everywhere...

eg: http://www.uo-desktop.uoo.ru/items_e.htm

thanks for reply how to do this :)
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Sorry but fiddler cannot save as verdata.mul cause its outdated since years. But fiddler reads the verdata and after a save the stuff gets inserted into the mul
Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pachacuti »

So, let me explain it to you:

First, verdata.mul isn't used in newer clients, and I don't think UOFiddler supprt it.

Also, UOFiddler wont save the file over your original one. It will save it somewhere else, so you can still have it as something optional.

Good luck!
Shokarta
New User

Post by Shokarta »

Pachacuti wrote:So, let me explain it to you:

First, verdata.mul isn't used in newer clients, and I don't think UOFiddler supprt it.

Also, UOFiddler wont save the file over your original one. It will save it somewhere else, so you can still have it as something optional.

Good luck!
yea i undestand that, but i cant use it like this... hopefully from my explanation you did get what i meant.... if you please know any other way (or software) how do i get what i am after, please tell me :)

thanks
Pachacuti
Apprentice Poster

Post by Pachacuti »

Oh, gotcha. You want a small file that contains only modifications, not the whole set of items. Sorry for the misunderstand! And I don't really know if there's anything that do this :/
Shokarta
New User

Post by Shokarta »

Pachacuti wrote:Oh, gotcha. You want a small file that contains only modifications, not the whole set of items. Sorry for the misunderstand! And I don't really know if there's anything that do this :/
Exactly !!!
Well I know there is something that does this... just dont know what :)
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

I worked on inserting new items and paperdoll art and generating a verdata.mul for use with verdata2mul a couple months ago. I used Mulpatcher.

All you have to do is go to the Settings tab, browse for the files you wish to patch (for example art.mul and artidx.mul) and hit the Load button, then you go to the tab corresponding to editing those files (Art (M) and Art (S) in this case), then you select the index and select "Load from Bitmap to Verdata" or something like that.

Once you finish importing your art, you go to the settings tab again, select a path for your verdata.mul, and hit the Save button.

Get it here: http://varan.uodev.de/