Why no answer on bugs topic ?

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Unfaithful
Neophyte Poster

Why no answer on bugs topic ?

Post by Unfaithful »

i have posted 4 bug's topic in 096 Bugs and noone answer imho is strange becouse this is borad to help each other ;/
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Real life sucks and often gets in the road of fun. I wish real life would bite a little less. 8)
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

Some of the reported problems need core insider knowledge.
To my knowledge, none of the core developers are active at the moment. (If they are, I have not seen them post anything to say they have looked at POL for months.)

This can change at a moment's notice, but it's been quite a few months.
Xenawar
New User

Post by Xenawar »

Maybe pol just needs a new dev team.
MontuZ
Forum Regular

Post by MontuZ »

Xenawar wrote:Maybe pol just needs a new dev team.
Pfft...
Xenawar
New User

Post by Xenawar »

I mean all due respect to the current guys and all but wouldn't it be nice to let someone who has the time work on it instead so it doesn't just die?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Over the years some devs have come and others have gone. I do agree though that of late there seems to be a lack of response from the "team".

I understand real life and all that entails can take it's toll on hobbies but atleast a small post once in a while saying "Hey. We are still here and interested but we are just a tad too busy at the moment." or something to that effect might appease some of the fears or worry that they have abandoned the project. I mean how long does it take to log in and make a quick post?
Unfaithful
Neophyte Poster

Post by Unfaithful »

It takes about 5 min max to answer 1 post and that can help pople to fix they bug :/ my shard is crashing everyday and no one can help me :/
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

Let me explain something when I was developing on another forum. I used to be an old hacker who no longer has an interest for it. This is all free. Every bit of it. They are kind enough to spend their money and their time to post this. It’s like you making tons of money for a shelter only to have them complain that the high-def TV is not large enough and the channels come in a bit fuzzy. Yeah, I will admit not having them here is a little bit strange. I even tried to answer your questions a couple of times. If anyone thinks they can do a better job they can go get osurce to start off Lonewolf. Make your own emu and answer to people for your free service.

- Your Friend, The Druid :shock:

I tried to awnser it, it does take core knowledge.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Your 4-5 bugs look for me as 1 bug, cause the numbers are nearly the same. I don't know why everybody is calling Pol for dead now. If the devs have no time at the moment, why don't accept that. They simply spend their free time on it. I personally run the latest 97 Core on a live shard and it works great. Not even a crash since it released. And even if i had crashes i would remove to the last stable version. You simply can't expect from the latest core that it runs with no errors. If you had errors simply get back to the last stable version you know until it is fixed :)
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

I read the boards all the time.. just nothing has been posted that I want or need to answer. :P
runtest
Grandmaster Poster

Post by runtest »

HI Austin *waves from afar, approaching slowly, strangely* lol
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am not complaining about high def TV not working. I understand this is a free "service" if you can call it a service...a free gift maybe. Like I said I do understand time constraints and that we are blessed to have people willing to contribute of their time, money and energy to thne development of POL et. al.

My only issue is that it is nice to hear from the developers occaisionally even if it is just them posting a rant or a "howdy" just to know they are still around.

Austin wrote:
I read the boards all the time.. just nothing has been posted that I want or need to answer.
Maybe you could respond to the bug posts unless ofcourse you have no suggestions then I would understand not responding.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Shinigami has been working on something to top off 097, which in turn will shock a lot of people I hope.

Austin has had work, and I, have been fighting losing everything due to a back injury keeping me from working.

Expect work to resume as it use to soon, just can't say how soon. Will depend on when I can get things reinstalled on my PC (had to format), and if we bring anyone else on board to work.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I know all about the back problems mate. A few weeks ago it took me 10 minutes to get out of a chair due to an injury.
Get well soon.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Maud,
I had no idea you were injured. I am sorry about that.

Most of us care about you guys and we hate when you are having troubles. Some have been around here long enough to feel like friends. I hope you recover quickly. I'll say a prayer for you.