POLServer.com Hosting

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

MuadDib
Former Developer

POLServer.com Hosting

Post by MuadDib »

Just an FYI for everyone, so far we have received $41.85 toward this bill. It's not yet due, nor close, this is just information :) Austin has been reimbursed some also. Our bill per year is 119, so we are not at that goal yet. We will do what we have to, in order to keep it going :)

If you wish to help us out, and donate toward the hosting (I know Adam and me are beyond pinched per penny right now), please use the Hosting Donations button at the top of the forums :)

It doesn't me we go down if people do not donate, it just means we don't have to worry about scrapping up the money at the last second :)

Just an FYI also, while on Hosting subjects. There are a couple sub domains beings planned. If they go through, expect a LOT of things to start happening around here. For the better of POL, and the community itself. More details to come as I can release them. Right now it's hush hush, as details are being worked out.
mr bubbles
Grandmaster Poster

Post by mr bubbles »

Ohh ok. I've been browsing these forums for a couple of years now and enjoyed POL based shard.

I just donated $20, not a lot, but it's what i can afford to part with atm. Thanks for POL!
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Fired an email to you. Thanks for the donation. As always, it's not required by any means, and always greatly appreciated. We don't care how much, 20, 5, 2. It's the thought you share when you do it that helps also :)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

It's that time of year again (ugh). We have 79.25 toward the next years hosting (due Oct 22nd), which costs 119.45. If anyone cares to donate, please remember to use the donation link in the header. That goes straight to our hosting fees only, we do not see any of that. It helps pay 100% for hosting fees (minus their "transaction" fees to us, hehe).

We appreciate the donations recieved this year greatly, and hope to continue to see them so we can keep this all going :)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Remember too, you can donate without even giving up any money! After this year's fees are paid, we will begin using the Google Ads to pay for hosting also. If you click on about 1-2 ads while you are on the forums, we get credits for that! If each time you come to the site, you click on 1-2 ads, it would actually pay for our hosting within 2 months! In 1 year, it could be possible to pay for our hosting for 5 years! Just another way you can donate, without giving up your hard earned cash :)