hooking the same packet twice.

Report core bugs regarding the Ultima Online Emulator Core release (version 097). You can attach your Core Dump. One bug per post.

Moderator: POL Developer

Bishop
New User

hooking the same packet twice.

Post by Bishop »

I accidentally hooked the same packet twice. whenever I logged into the server it would crash without generating a dump. just wanted to let you know. odd that pol didn't report this somehow when it was initializing the hooks. not really a big thing, but would have saved me a few hours time if it had complained about it (yeah, it was totally my fault to begin with)
Nando
POL Developer

Re: hooking the same packet twice.

Post by Nando »

Just reading the code, it seems to already care for multiply defined packets, logging them. Would you mind posting the crash dump?
Bishop
New User

Post by Bishop »

as i said, there was no dump generated. the console said it was generating one, but it just created an empty file.
Nando
POL Developer

Post by Nando »

Ouch :/

Sorry, didn't read the "without". Weird, very weird.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Nando, where you need to look is the definition of incoming/outgoing script references for it. You can define the same packet in multiple locations for separate packages handling subcommands (iirc). So it's the definition of main packet that needs to be worried about also.

If you still have trouble, I can try getting time through the week to look at it after work or something, if the wife doesn't decide to do a lot of shopping this week, lol.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Core reports the error, but, goes on and let's it load. Check start.log to see if it was listed in there when initializing the packethooks. Should say something:

Code: Select all

Packet hook receive function multiply defined for packet <your packet ID here>