Which bugs are really there?

Report core bugs regarding the Ultima Online Emulator Core release (version 097). You can attach your Core Dump. One bug per post.

Moderator: POL Developer

Nando
POL Developer

Which bugs are really there?

Post by Nando »

Hey guys,

I'd like to know which bugs from the reported ones are still there, which have been solved and which were not a bug. Could you help me?

Just post here the topics you know were solved/not a bug, and I'll set a tag on them (as you might have already seen the "[fixed]", "[not a bug]", etc..). Feel free to post the still existing bugs, too. This will help us focus on the bugs that really exists and went unnoticed. If you can find a way to reproduce the bug, it's even better. :)

Thanks!
(And I'm wishing to have no work for 097.3 ;))

Still existing: (Hopefully) Fixed:
CWO
POL Expert

Re: Which bugs are really there?

Post by CWO »

This is the same thing that Austin wrote in the thread just below this "Bring out your bugs". Although it didn't yield too many bugs in itself. My first one was fixed (server-side check for allowing stacking). My second one I was told is a complicated one. That's the one where UOConvert will erroneously generate a maptile.dat file with all 0x00's in it making GetMapInfo().landtile return 0 all the time. If maptile.dat is generated correctly, GetMapInfo().landtile returns the correct values.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Perhaps a "solved Bugs Forum (not a bug) Forum" could help.
Devs move topics there if they think they solved it or if it's just
not a bug. If the bug is still alive in the next core, shard devs would
state that there and the topic could be put back to the bugs.

I personally stated a bug, thats not a real bug:

http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1696

The info will resist in this forum, so everybody knows that .net framework 2.0
does not include .net framework 1.1. Damn Mircrosoft ;)
You need to install both :) or more :)
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Forums have never been the greatest place for bug tracking. For that we would need an actual bug tracker system. Forums can do somewhat of a job but they're still pretty limited.
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

CWO wrote:Forums have never been the greatest place for bug tracking. For that we would need an actual bug tracker system. Forums can do somewhat of a job but they're still pretty limited.
Forum members using bug tracking software is also not the greatest way to track bugs. :D Trust me; been there, done that, will never do it again.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I used the method Pierce mentioned for a while on my forums. It gave players a chance to tell me if I was deluding myself when I thought I was fixing things.
Nando
POL Developer

Post by Nando »

A bug tracker would surely be a nice addition. Even if it's just for the devs to show that something is happening. :P

But I think we can live with another board only for "Solved" problems. Luth, could you please create it?
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

Nando wrote:A bug tracker would surely be a nice addition. Even if it's just for the devs to show that something is happening. :P

But I think we can live with another board only for "Solved" problems. Luth, could you please create it?
Of course, if it'll help keep things organized. :) Keep up the great work, fellas.
(I think I got the permissions correct. Let me know if I fubbed them a bit, though.)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Possible AuxSvc Memory Leak (Very small, very minor IF there is one) :x