Attack when using weapon as tool

Report core bugs regarding the Ultima Online Emulator Core release (version 097). You can attach your Core Dump. One bug per post.

Moderator: POL Developer

coltain
Grandmaster Poster

Attack when using weapon as tool

Post by coltain »

I noticed some strange thing.

I have a pickaxe and axe defined as a weapon. Players can use this weapon as a tool too (by double click on it). When player digs or chops for resource simetimes a message in POL terminal is shown that somebody is using Attack hook on Defender with illegal serial (or something like this).

why a player is attacking?
Madman
POL Developer

Post by Madman »

Hate to resurrect a thread a month and a half later just to say that I don't know, but I don't know. Does it happen with something that is normally defined as a weapon? (Like an axe, when used to chop down a tree?) Or just if you're doing so with something that you changed the definition of to be a weapon?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Attack when using weapon as tool

Post by MuadDib »

The illegal serial message is given because they are sending an Attack Request Packet for an illegal serial (Not a valid online character etc).
coltain
Grandmaster Poster

Post by coltain »

So using (doubleclick) a weapon sends a attack packet too???
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Dbl clicking the weapon does not, but after getting target cursor (or before, long as it is after double clicking the weapon), if you double click the ground, or a tree, and so on, it is possible the client sends the attack packet. I can't verify this right now myself, but if I remember right, it can happen that way. If it does, and someone can verify for me, I might be tempted to reinstall UO-Rice and begin a few tests to filter that type of problem out (if it IS possible, the client might just send all 0's as the serial since it's map and static data getting double clicked).