Disconnecting out goes unnoticed (POL 097 2008-02-26)

Report core bugs regarding the Ultima Online Emulator Core release (version 097). You can attach your Core Dump. One bug per post.

Moderator: POL Developer

ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Disconnecting out goes unnoticed (POL 097 2008-02-26)

Post by ncrsn »

I had the very same problem with older cores all the way from 096-something. I don't remember exactly when I first discovered this and couldn't find the old thread anymore, so I though it's time to create a new one.

Problem is:
On my developing server, whenever I or any other player disconnects, is it through paperdoll -> logout -> okay or by UO::DisconnectClient(), something goes wrong.
- Logofftest.ecl is never activated.
- Logoff.ecl (none of them) is not activated.
- Only "Disconnecting Client [serial]([account]/[character]) is printed on the console.

I tried logging the packet flow between server and client, using both POL's internal tool and Razor's packet logging option, but it didn't help me much: neither one either logs disconnection packets or packets of that kind are not sent. I don't have any idea how to work this out on my own, as it does not matter which client version I or the other players use (tested various between 4.x-5.x), and to make things even more complicated, same problem applies on a two different server computers I tried. Both are physically in the same local network, though players connect from outside too, should that be helpful information.

I remember MuadDib said something about the console print above, that it only exists in one place in the core, but that was about the last mention concerning this problem.

So, helpless that I am, if someone has an idea that might solve this or knows a good packet logging software for UO packets, I'm waiting for your reply.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

Found it!

http://forums.polserver.com/ftopic1652.php

I remembered wrong (hopefully only) one detail, problem occured after moving to 097 core. Might just try good old 096 with its distro to make things sure. Editing soon.

Edit: Yeah, POL 096 still works.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I am sorry, but I can't replicate your problem so far.
My logofftest runs when I exit a 5.0.9.1 client in the following ways:

1. Logoff on paperdoll
2. click X on the client window
3. do a DisconnectClient from the pol console.

Latest pol, windows 2000 server, LAN - LAN connection.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

Thanks for the test!

This really is confusing, because so far I'm the only one with with this problem. Live server works fine, so does other dev servers; yet neither of mine does, no matter who joins in. Scriptbase and server settings are almost equal on other servers, too.

And now that 096 works and 097 doesn't... Next I'm trying with POL 097 + 097 distro, maybe this is script or config related after all.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

POL 097 + 097 distro works fine, too.

Still looking for the causer, hope it has nothing to do with core after all. Will take a while to debug all the scripts, but I'll get back to this when I know more.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

Hah! Found the causer!

It's pol.cfg settings EnableAssertions and Multithread. If either one is 0, error occurs, if they both are 1, everything works like a charm.

Can someone confirm this?

Edit: EnableAssertions, too, had an effect.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Can someone confirm this?
Yes. Multithread option is for linux server only. If you use this on a windows server, you get this effect of i call it instant logout everywhere :D
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

You might find a few more things work now :)