Connecting

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Michaux
New User

Connecting

Post by Michaux »

Hey all, the only problem im having is when i connect to my local host to try out the server (I go through Razor) the world comes up (LocalHost etc.) i click on it and it goes to the connecting screen and never goes into the game. I get the connection notifications in pol, but thats all.
Tomi
POL Developer

Re: Connecting

Post by Tomi »

What clientversion are you using ?
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Try your client.exe, right from your UO install folder, without the assistance of Razor.

As mentioned above knowing the client version 6.????? and if it is decrypted or not would be very helpful in assisting you.
Michaux
New User

Post by Michaux »

I dont remember what client version im on exactly. I patched right until it was completely finished if that helps, if not ill try to find out. And it is decrypted but im allready playing a different shard through the No_crypt_client.exe so i doubt POL will overwrite the shard (thus why i was trying through razor).
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

if it is version 6.0.14.2, then you will have to wait for the next release of pol to get it fixed, or do some packethook hack for packet 0xB9

The problem with that clientversion is that they changed the packet 0xB9 from 3 bytes to 5 bytes, and because its sent before char selection/creation it will stop the logon.
Michaux
New User

Post by Michaux »

ah, so if i reinstall to a previous version will it work?
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Or you could just aquire (download from somewhere) a client.exe of a previous client number. Sometrhing like 6.0.12.x should do it.

You can just rename your current client to something like client.exe.60142. And leave it in your UO folder. Then place the new client in the folder, and use that for now.
Michaux
New User

Post by Michaux »

Cool, ill give that a try.
Damien White
Journeyman Poster

Post by Damien White »

Please don't be shy to post your experience, so others can learn from it also.

Thanks in advance.
Michaux
New User

Post by Michaux »

i just got a 5.0.9 client.exe. Any way i can patch the client to a later one though? UOpatch says im allready up to date.

EDIT: Wait, now i cant move...